Lost power steering.

• It's not your typical light that goes on and goes away on the restart. I replaced the fuse as my dealer told me over the phone on Friday. Power steering then worked for a couple of hours and was gone again Saturday morning and has not come back since. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow for the diagnostic test.
    Anyone else have the power steering go out for a couple of days, and did it need to be replaced?

• @tigershark, I have actually had the light come on at start up twice. On the first time, I happened to have been with @MACAWS. He simply instructed me to turn off the Slingshot and cycle the ignition switch (key) three times. On the 3rd or 4th cycle, leave it on and start the Sling as usual. Although this worked, I still ran by my dealer just to be sure. No problems since those two times. It has been awhile!

• I have an appointment with a local dealer on Friday. I will try the cycle thing today when we take it out. Hopefully that's it and on Friday they can still run the diagnostic test on it.

• Another tip with the key recycle is to let the gauges full sweep on before you starting your Sling. Mine had this issue on start-up, but started letting the gauges cycle and only pops up 1 out of 100 times.

• Tried the recycling thing like 3-4 times with no luck. (this has worked in the past o I appreciate the advice)
    Drove it to dinner to and left with still no power steering. Then to gym and when we left from there it was working so we went for a 40 mile ride because the wife and I have no idea when it will go out again. Prior to it working it was out most of the weekend.

• Okay, now I'm super curious. You've tried changing the fuse and you have tried the ignition recycle (which reset the ignition part of the computer, so to speak). I am at a loss. Trust me, there are plenty of people here that will be chiming in soon with solutions or quick fixes. Be patient. They will come! Keep us posted!

• Sounding more and more like solid warranty issue, and less like a simple DIY fix. Hope your dealer steps up and takes care of you post-haste!!!
    You need to come away with the warm & fuzzies after all this is through.......these Slings are awesome, but good support from your dealership plays a huge roll in how you look at your Sling long term. If you LIKE your Sling, and have a few issues, your dealer will either help you LOVE your Sling, or they can make you hate your Sling by tossing you to the curb and pissing you off.

Here's hoping they help you to LOVE your Sling!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• My dealer is good. I'm taking it to a closer one though because it's 5 minutes up the road.
    When I started it yesterday power steering went out again.
    If this closer service shop tries to charge me I will drive the 25 minutes to my dealer.
    We do love the Sling. If we lived somewhere warmer the wife would want her own.

• To give everyone an update. The dealership found that the power steering is in fact dead. The placed a call to Polaris because of it being a warranty issue Polaris has to approve the repair. They told me it will probably take a day or so to get the approval then about 4 business days to get the part.

• Polaris sent the part and it goes in tomorrow morning for the power steering replacement and it's 3k service. They are also going to take a look at the engine and rear wheel and find out why they are both making strange noises. At 3600 miles I don't think I should be having this many problems but at least this dealership is handling everything straight through Polaris.

• Power steering has been replaced. Had the 5k service done as well and got the cockpit LED lights installed as well. The place I went to could not have been more awesome to me and my wife. Top notch crew and they gave us a military discount.