Right hand drive conversion

• I saw a previous old post of a 2015 or 2016 a guy in Florida converted to right hand drive. When I looked his business in Florida up there was an RIP message!

I am wanting to see if there are any living mechanic to convert a LHD 2019 Slingshot to RHD for export to Australia. So far I could not fine an Aussie company willing to give it a go. ;(

Any car built after the 1970's must be RHD to be driven in any State in Australia. The first conversion is massively expensive 50,000 AUD and up as the engineering has to be approved but after several conversions the price comes down to 3000 to 5000 AUD.

• I saw a previous old post of a 2015 or 2016 a guy in Florida converted to right hand drive. When I looked his business in Florida up there was an RIP message!

I am wanting to see if there are any living mechanic to convert a RHD 2019 Slingshot to LHD for export to Australia. So far I could not fine an Aussie company willing to give it a go. ;(

Does it have to be converted to own and drive in Australia?

I am wanting to see if there are any living mechanic to convert a RHD 2019 Slingshot to LHD for export to Australia. So far I could not fine an Aussie company willing to give it a go. ;(

I'm very confused by how you asked this question. All U.S. Slingshots are lefthand drive so I'm assuming you want to convert to RHD for Australia (not LHD like you ask in your question) - - the way the slingshots engine compartment is setup I'm not sure it could be done. seems to me the entire exhaust system would be in the way and would have to be changed also the footwell on the right is much shorter and would have to modified. I guess my biggest question is would conversion be required in order to be imported? will they not allow you to drive a LHD vehicle on the road? I don't know the laws there, but I see people here in the US who have older RHD cars on the road that they clearly brought in from over seas. I guess it would be different driving if its not what you are accustomed to doing, but it shouldn't be that hard to adjust to driving

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My sister in law has driven a RHD Jeep Wrangler for years here in the US. She is a mail carrier and Jeep makes them for that reason. It is a little strange to drive at first in fact riding in it is a little strange. The draw back is checking to pass another car.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I did get a $100,000 AUD offer to convert my vehicle. This must be done to drive in Australia with a car less than 20 years old. Sadly Australia and Europe have new emissions regulations which are going to make it near impossible to import them.