Extended hood hinge kits

• looking at the extended hood hinge kits for my 23 SL. They pretty much look the same, is one better than the other. I looked on Slingmods but it says out until Oct. Would like to get one sooner than that. Anyone that has one, give me your advise please.

• The following is NOT an extension kit (the hood will not open any further than stock), however, it allows one to easily open the hood with just one hand. This averts the occasional re-engagement of rear locks when opening the hood. It also helps to avoid putting a lot of stress on the hood skin (there are a few who have suffered splits in their hood skins just above the hood handle from the heavy yanking to open the hood). Just push down the release lever and give the hood handle a light tug. I just went out and opened my hood after sitting for awhile -- easy peasey. This kit may work with extended hinge kits -- but you need to ask the manufacturer about compatibility.

Slingshot Hood Assist Kit - Slingshot Spot

I installed this kit a year or so ago. Great quality hardware.

• The following is NOT an extension kit (the hood will not open any further than stock), however, it allows one to easily open the hood with just one hand. This averts the occasional re-engagement of rear locks when opening the hood. It also helps to avoid putting a lot of stress on the hood skin (there are a few who have suffered splits in their hood skins just above the hood handle from the heavy yanking to open the hood). Just push down the release lever and give the hood handle a light tug. I just went out and opened my hood after sitting for awhile -- easy peasey. This kit may work with extended hinge kits -- but you need to ask the manufacturer about compatibility.

Now thats interesting, BUT, really expensive

I ordered this the other day. I'm excited to get it. I have a hard time getting my hood open by myself. I hope this takes care of my problem.

• dont have any extended hinge kit, but I do have the assist and I have to say I do love it, not something I "needed" but it does make things easier

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies