Side panel removal needed?

• How did it go @Slayer? My project tonight is an Alpha Variable.

I only removed the panel half way. It will flex just enough to remove the oem exhaust. I installed a BMS black ceramic with an extended rear pipe. By doing the extend pipe it transfered allot of the sound towards the back. It actually sounds much better. The BMS has an aggressive sound, so transferring it to the rear works great. Overall time without the rear pipe it was about 2hrs.

• Well if you damage the plastic tab where the torx screw secures the panel don't panic. You will need epoxy, heat gun, plastic strips, metal clips and power drill. I've included some pics that speak for them self. Works well and beats buying a new side. Sure there is other way out there it this was really inexpensive.

• A little tiip for putting the torx screws back in. Put a little lube on the tip before putting them back. You'll find some were cross threaded at the factory and the lube helps them go back in without further damage. BTW I didn't remove the seat or completely remove the side panel when I changed the exhaust.

A good tap and die set is a must before attempting any mods on a Slingshot. I've used mine more on this thing than all other projects combined.

• Bassani exhaust in, Panels weren't that bad to get off, although panel removal was 3/4 the battle. Didn't need to remove seat for the record. Went all the way up to side of seat removing hardware. Whole install took 2 hrs. biggest bitch was getting the cat on exhaust..took to my buddys auto shop..3 of us..2 to hold exhaust while 1 pulled springs...Unless there's a special tool for spring pulling no way 1 person can do alone.

One thing, while removing screws I had some loose ones that were almost out entirely, upon putting everything back together I realized holes weren't tapped right from factory, so had to tap out holes. Come on Polaris!!

This thread helped with side panel removal..Thanks fellas

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited once, last by BONES ().

• Looking forward to your review & pics once you get all hooked up and go for a few rips!!!!
    I never get tired of checking out that sparkly Sling of yours!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I installed the welter performance dual exhaust out the back about a week ago I'm getting real bad gas fumes inside the cabin now. I have a F4 + 5 window installed, a Twist Dynamics top and the alpha carbon fiber wing. The combination of those three items may be creating a vacuum in the cabin causing this to happen. Really sucks because the price of the system plus the price of having it ceramic coated I'm $2,200 into this modification and can't stand to drive my SS now.

• no need to remove the passenger seat if you're patient. I would recommend completely removing the panel. There's only a difference of about 4 screws between flexing it and taking it off and those for fairly easy to get to near the rear of the panel

• I installed the welter performance dual exhaust out the back about a week ago I'm getting real bad gas fumes inside the cabin now. I have a F4 + 5 window installed, a Twist Dynamics top and the alpha carbon fiber wing. The combination of those three items may be creating a vacuum in the cabin causing this to happen. Really sucks because the price of the system plus the price of having it ceramic coated I'm $2,200 into this modification and can't stand to drive my SS now.

F4 is now offering a modified Goldwing windshield vent that might stop the unburned fuel smell from coming back into the cockpit. Try contacting them. to see what they say. I would think the airflow from the vent coming into the cockpit would stop the smell getting sucked back in.