New Garage

• Well I am getting closer to having a new stable for the sling and vette. Its been a yr since I booked the builder. Getting variances with the township for building permits because its bigger than the house (dahhhh why wouldnt it be šŸ˜Ž) and its higher than they normally allow. 12ft ceilings so I could put 10x10 doors. Hopefully the doors and cement get done in the next few weeks. I have been busy getting the wiring roughed in. You can never have enough plugs. 36ā€™ deep by 48ā€™ wide. Small compared to my last shop of 60x75 but this is as big as I could push the council for without getting into big dollars for getting meetings and fighting for bigger variances which might not have been succesful.

• Curious as to why you wouldn't put down a cement foundation first and then build the structure on top of that? - - never seen the building done before the slab, perhaps it's a cold climate thing?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thats how they do a pole barn up here. Poles go down 4ā€™ and sit on top of a cement pad 24ā€ dia and 2ā€™ thick. Our frost line sometimes goes 2-3ā€™ down depending on the yr. This yr we only got about 10ā€ of frost. The pad when they pour it will be a floating slab

• Poured my slab 26 X 36 back in 1982. Wire and fiber and I would not let them put the cuts in it. There is no way that I would have a slab and cut it up and there are no cracks in it. You just have to be sure that the ground or clay filler is packed like it is supposed to be. NEVER and I mean NEVER pour a concrete slab on soil that has not been packed. Around here the contractors will just pour the concrete on top of the soil and with-in the year it will be cracked. My son got in a hurry with his 40 X 100 and did not pack with his stick built and all 4 corners cracked about 5 feet in in a little over a year. Pack the fill from the bottom to the top the way it is supposed be done and you should not have any problems.

• Thats how they do a pole barn up here. Poles go down 4ā€™ and sit on top of a cement pad 24ā€ dia and 2ā€™ thick. Our frost line sometimes goes 2-3ā€™ down depending on the yr. This yr we only got about 10ā€ of frost. The pad when they pour it will be a floating slab

Thank you - being a desert rat frost lines are not something I normally have to think about 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• for you Southern guys we add calcium too the cement in cold weather to stop it from freezing as it sets. Adds more costs and in my opinion a weaker surface on the top. The local supply company's stop using calcium on the 15 of April so its now time

• Are you adding fiberglass to help reinforce, donā€™t see any rebar?

Yes I lived in hellā€™s front porch and we added ice many times.

We also started at 4 in the morning then after finishing we covered with clear plastic to help hold moisture for curing.

Some used ponds but it would just evaporate too fast, so plastic worked best.

I am jealous, hope to see you in Maggie.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Yes fiber mesh. Rebar added at corners as they poured. And wouldnt you know it after a week of 70plus deg days the temps dropped into the 30ā€™s and FUCKING SNOW today. They will be working late tonight finishing and sealing it. Taking a bit to set today. They have power trowel a couple passes already and still creamy.