• Had a leftover set from Spyder days. The good folks at GloRyder accommodated me and sold me just the Slingshot housings. They use regular AA batteries so no wiring and they look cool going down the road at night as they tend to light up the whole wheel in motion. Comes with a remote for on/off and changing colors. Very simple install, pry off plastic caps on stock SS wheel, a round aluminum lock gets pushed into the hub which has 3 set screws in it. Lock it in place and then there's 2 screws to hold rest of assembly in. Would have only taken 15 minutes to install except, in my case, they had failed to tap threads into one of the lock housings. Thankfully I had the right size tap and got past that.

• I've had a set for a year. Problem I have even if I don't turn them on the batteries go dead in a couple weeks.

I had gotten a few months out of them. They do have a small drain on then since the receive signal circuit is always on. One thing you can do is use Lithium AA batteries which last much longer. Another tip would be to leave the batteries out when not using for extended periods . The SS cap just screws off like a jar lid