PLEASE HELP!!!

• I have a 2015 SS that is literally a sitting dust collector right now. So the start of everything started when the radio stopped working, the instrument cluster no longer worked and the power steering quit. I looked into it a little bit and found out about the fuse issue on the 2015's. Checked mine and sure enough the fuse was starting to melt to the point I had trouble pulling it out the first time. Did some research on how Polaris recommended fixing it, and having a significant amount of electrical experience decided to fix the issue myself. So I bypassed the fuse block that came stock only the one that was having problems and added my own fuse holder and fuse of the same amperage. Turned the key on and radio lights up and so does instrument cluster. But i noticed when I turned the key to ignition all the DTC lights light up go out, the speedometer and tachometer cycle and then all the DTC lights come back on. So even in the ignition position on the key switch it acts like the key is in accessory position. No headlights, no horn and it doesn't attempt to turn over the starter. No fuel pump engaging, no power to the ignition fuse under the hood. So i thought maybe it was the ECM as they are very prone to issues. After contacting Polaris they finally sent me a new one, supposedly ready to plug and play but after installing this one. Same issue with it acting like it's not in ignition position. It still cranked fine before changing out the burnt fuse in the fuse box. Checked the battery I have well over 12V even with the key on under a load. Replaced the ground at the battery with a new cable, new hot and ground posts on battery. Removed and cleaned the ground point on the frame at the battery. I am stumped please somebody give me another direction to go in to try and figure this out. ANY help would be appreciated.

• Polaris did a recall on the fuse block. Why not take it to the dealer? Mine melted in 2018 and Polaris would not cover it. I was out of warranty 3 months. When they finally did a recall a year or so later they sent me a check for what the dealer charged me. The dealer had to contact Polaris first to get me payment. Now that you messed with it, they may not cover it. Never could understand why people do their own warranty work.

• It's only been sitting about a month now, I work full time and don't have a lot of time to work on it. Just kind of work on it in my spare time at the moment. I only did my own repair on the fuse block because it was a simple fix to a basic problem, plus like i mentioned I have a background in electronics work. Plus there isn't a dealer very close to my home. So for something that simple I just chose to fix it myself.

• It's only been sitting about a month now, I work full time and don't have a lot of time to work on it. Just kind of work on it in my spare time at the moment. I only did my own repair on the fuse block because it was a simple fix to a basic problem, plus like i mentioned I have a background in electronics work. Plus there isn't a dealer very close to my home. So for something that simple I just chose to fix it myself.

if it was running before you attempted repairs then go back and double check all that you had removed and messed with.

• Yes but from your post it appears you still have problems..

Yes most definitely do. That's what doesn't make sense to me is how doing nothing more than adding a fuse that is of the correct amperage and a fuse holder designed to hold the current draw on it would make it to where the ignition position no longer works. Like I said it's like the key cylinder now has 2 acc positions everything acts exactly the same no matter which position the key is in.

• Yes most definitely do. That's what doesn't make sense to me is how doing nothing more than adding a fuse that is of the correct amperage and a fuse holder designed to hold the current draw on it would make it to where the ignition position no longer works. Like I said it's like the key cylinder now has 2 acc positions everything acts exactly the same no matter which position the key is in.

Best bet as it was melted by the fuse is more damage could have been caused. I would start tracing the ignition wiring in general. Never a fun thing to do but I would start there.

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• Best bet as it was melted by the fuse is more damage could have been caused. I would start tracing the ignition wiring in general. Never a fun thing to do but I would start there.

Definitely not a fun thing to do. That was my best guess as well but didn't want to accept the fact that was what i was going to have to do next. Just some a time consuming and tedious process. But I guess that's my next step.

• I'm assuming the fuse you repaired/replaced was back at the battery location? That was the main fuse problem all year models had. There was also a problem with the engine compartment fuse box on early 2015 models as well. I'd disconnect the battery and then remove the screws from the engine compartment fuse box and get underneath it to see if any wires are damaged as well. Next would be the steering column wiring for the ign switch.

2016 SL, DDMWorks SC, Alpha Coil Cover, Ceramic Coated 1320 Header, Dual Tail Gunner Rear Exhaust, DEI Heat Reduction Kits, Canadian Headlights, Halos, Rockford Fosgate Punch 5 CH Amp, Kicker 6.5 Led Coaxials, SSV Gen 2 front & Rear Deck pods, 6" Sub, Vented Hood Insert, Twist Gullwing Top, Madstad 13" Windshield, Wind Restrictor, Paramount Rear Fender, Underground Auto Rear tail fin, Custom powder coated wheels, Nitto tires, NRG Steering Wheel, Velocity Street Seats, Optima Yellow Top