Broken down Slingshot, Autodrive

• Well I had a appointment to go to this morning and hopped into the Slingshot for a nice ride to the navy base. Sally needed gas so stopped and filled her up. Went to leave and the Drive button would not work. Pushed it many times and ended up pushing the sling into a parking spot. It is a easy push in neutral. Sit there and mashed the button for about 5 minutes and the Drive light came on so not taking any chances I did a motor cycle reverse with my left leg till a was far enough to turn and go forward. Drove home and got the Jeep to go to the base. Now this is the second time this has happened. Took it her to the dealer and wouldn't you know they couldn't get it to fail. Well this time I removes the switch assembly and stopped at the dealer on my way home after the base appointment. Well a new switch is a few dollars short of $400 but I am still under warranty and will have to get a appointment with the service man. $75 to tow it into to them so when I got home I took the cover off the switch and the switches are like the keys on a computer keyboard. The switch cover button pushes down on a rubber thing that pushes on a silver button. I am able to shift into drive pushing on the silver button so can drive it in to get a new switch assy. I have a service appoint the 22th so the Sling is down till then. If they have a switch by then.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• that sucks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yes it would take them two minutes to install the new one a appointment shouldn't be necessary. The assy just pops up out of the console and the cable unplugs and plug in the new one. The hold up is how long does it take to get the new part in. They now they go bad the parts guy showed me one they just replaced.

• Just a small suggestion. If they did order you a new switch, would they be willing to give it to you and you would give them the old one back so you wouldn't need an appointment and having it sit in their lot for half a day until they got to it? It's that easy to do, you might even bring them the old one to give to them when you pick up the new one. they would get paid and you'd be back riding sooner that way

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I been thinking of that but then they have to prove that it is bad. That is what happened last Fall when it did this then wouldn't fail for them. I am going to try that approach anyway.

• I have not seen the switch on the new slingshots and yes they should cover it and having it OEM would be nice but have you considered an aftermarket switch that might be more reliable and would fit in the same location?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Well since warranty will cover this I will stick with the original one. Something I found interesting is when taking it apart the forth switch is already there that is for the manual paddle shifters and already wired up and comes on when pushed. There just isn't a button in the face plate to push.

• I love having the paddle shifter option on my Vanderhall. It came in real handy doing the twisties in Maggie Valley. Quck steering allowed me to have complete steering control with hands at almost 3 and 9 o'clock positions and able to either upshift or downshifter without having to mash and wait for the transmission to kick down or upshift on it's own. Having full control of what gear you want knowing what turn you were heading inot or out of before the transmission did was the best part

• These are a sweet ride and it handle a lot differently than the Slingshot. It did take me a while to feel comfortable putting it through its paces. Once I got used to it, I added the ecu power tuning to get the extra horses woken up. Dealing with having some torque steer under fully power wasn't an issue with the S/S, but having the ass end tracking straight vs it kicking out on the S/S under full power blasts is neat. I really wanted to find some wide strait places to leg it out against a Sling while I was in MV. but that might have to wait for my next trip to see Mr. Bill

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• I love having the paddle shifter option on my Vanderhall. It came in real handy doing the twisties in Maggie Valley. Quck steering allowed me to have complete steering control with hands at almost 3 and 9 o'clock positions and able to either upshift or downshifter without having to mash and wait for the transmission to kick down or upshift on it's own. Having full control of what gear you want knowing what turn you were heading inot or out of before the transmission did was the best part

I agree with this.. I really like the paddles on my slingshot... It makes all the difference with the auto drive option.... A bunch of fun.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.