12 Volt Plugs Not Working

• Hey,

Brand new to the slingshot world. in fact this is my first post. I recently bought a 19 SLR. Both 12v plugs do not work. I know one is direct power from the battery. I change the fuse today with no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks

• .....both the glove box and the one between the seats.....and you changed the fuse (no luck).......was the old fuse still good or blown......and since you placed a new fuse in I would lift the hood and check the connection of the back of the one in the glove box, the other one is a little more work to get to......

• I have one question/comment about the power ports. I assume the Accessory Fuse at the Lower Right corner of the fuse block is for the power ports, but the rear power port between the seats is always on while the one in the glovebox is switched. As such, I would expect there to be a separate fuse or breaker for the always on port between the seats. It's possible that the Accessory Relay controls the power flow to the glovebox power port, but I would still expect there to be a separate fuse or breaker for the rear, always on port. I find it highly unlikely that the rear port would not have fuse or breaker protection since it is always on.

If anyone knows how that port is wired/protected, please comment.

Test the Accessory Relay by swapping it with the horn relay. If the horn still works, the problem lies with the Accessory Relay. If the horn doesn't work after the swap, then the Accessory Relay should be replaced.

• well , I switched the relays and the horn worked both times. However after I switched them, the plug in the glovebox worked. I’m not gonna mess with the one between the seats right now. I’m getting ready to head to the smokies so I don’t want to get to involved yet.
    thanks for the feedback.

• well , I switched the relays and the horn worked both times. However after I switched them, the plug in the glovebox worked. I’m not gonna mess with the one between the seats right now. I’m getting ready to head to the smokies so I don’t want to get to involved yet.
    thanks for the feedback.

OK. That brings the focus back to the power port circuit. I'll try to check the wiring diagrams when I get some time.

• Unfortunately, I didn't have any fun trying to follow the wiring diagrams from my 2015-17 Service Manual. I haven't located anything marked as the Glove-box power port, but I assume the Accessory relay controls power to the front and rear power ports. I noticed two circuits that branch off from the Accessory relay, but I haven't traced them to their end points. Once I have them identified, I'd like to color them in on the schematic before posting here. Hope I can identify the problem, but no guarantees.

Since you had power to the front power port after switching relays, try switching them back to see if you still have power to the front port. If you don't, replace the Accessory relay. Once you know you have a good relay providing power to the front port, you might want to remove the rear deck and check if the wiring is still connected to the rear port. It's a lot of crews to remove, but maybe that's why you could have. I am still trying to identify the power source for the rear port.I don't understand how the Accessory relay can trigger the front power port while still providing always on power to the rear port. I'll keep looking.

I hope to get something posted later tonight.:)

• Unfortunately, I didn't have any fun trying to follow the wiring diagrams from my 2015-17 Service Manual. I haven't located anything marked as the Glove-box power port, but I assume the Accessory relay controls power to the front and rear power ports. I noticed two circuits that branch off from the Accessory relay, but I haven't traced them to their end points. Once I have them identified, I'd like to color them in on the schematic before posting here. Hope I can identify the problem, but no guarantees.

Since you had power to the front power port after switching relays, try switching them back to see if you still have power to the front port. If you don't, replace the Accessory relay. Once you know you have a good relay providing power to the front port, you might want to remove the rear deck and check if the wiring is still connected to the rear port. It's a lot of crews to remove, but maybe that's why you could have. I am still trying to identify the power source for the rear port.I don't understand how the Accessory relay can trigger the front power port while still providing always on power to the rear port. I'll keep looking.

I hope to get something posted later tonight.:)

I’ll do that. Thank you for helping me.

• From looking at the 2016 (Late Build) Wiring Schematic, it looks like the the power flows thru the Accessory Fuse and then splits to the rear power port and to the Accessory Relay to switch on the Front Power port when the key is turned on. It's taking me forever to neatly color in the wring schematic to show this. I'm limited to using PowerPoint and each little line section involves several steps and is taking a while. I'll try to get some more info posted in the next day or so.

• OK. I have attached .jpg files showing the wiring schematic and a close-up of the relevant wiring schematics for the Accessory power ports from the late 2016 models from my 2015-17 Service Manual. I also tried to attach a Power Point Slide Show of the same things, but the forum wouldn't recognize the file extension. Double-clicking the images should allow you to see a bigger version for better clarity. If you PM me your email address, I can email the files, including the Slide Show.

From looking at the wiring schematics, if you have power to the glove-box power port,then the only thing I can think of that would cause the rear power port to not operate would be if it somehow got disconnected. Hopefully, you can search and identify the physical wires using the info I placed on the .jpg files. Hope this helps.

• well I pulled the 12v receptacle between the two seats out and no wires were connected to it. Ha. I found them dangling and connected them.....wouldn’t you know....I got power.