• UP by Big Bear Lake in our local mountains there is a breeding pair of eagles and some years back they placed a web cam that over looks their nest - - this is Jackie and Shadow, they just hatched a chick a few days ago which in this picture is actually being kept warm under dad, the larger one standing is mom, Jackie. Jackie is 10 years old and Shadow is 8.

Edit - if you google Big Bear Eagle Camera you can find this nest cam, and they also have a second camera placed some distance away that shows the tree from a distance, they say this nest is 140 feet off the ground and the average eagles nest weighs over 2,000 pounds

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• This site has been up for over 16 years. The nests are near the fish hatchery (they have to put netting over the open tanks) just south of Decorah, Iowa. We take the Sling up quite often. Nice, winding roads from there to the Mississippi. We watch the birds and feed the various sizes of Trout in the tanks. The fish are used to stock Trout streams in the area. Other interesting places at Decorah are The Ice Cave, Dunnings Springs and Palisades Park. If you are ever in Northeast Iowa, Decorah is an old Norwegian town (the King of Norway has visited twice) and well worth at least on day.

https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/decorah-north-nest/

• I miss Iowa and if my son and grandkids didn't live here I would pack up and go back. We would have Northern Iowa covered as I am from Spencer in the NW. I really miss hunting season in Iowa and the fishing. I am to old to shovel snow but I suspect everyone has snow blowers now. Many a time I have woke up and couldn't see out the window or open the door as the snow had drifter roof high. Now days they get a few inches of snow and the media thinks its a disasters. Sorry for all the rambling on openair just brought back memories.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I miss Iowa and if my son and grandkids didn't live here I would pack up and go back. We would have Northern Iowa covered as I am from Spencer in the NW. I really miss hunting season in Iowa and the fishing. I am to old to shovel snow but I suspect everyone has snow blowers now. Many a time I have woke up and couldn't see out the window or open the door as the snow had drifter roof high. Now days they get a few inches of snow and the media thinks its a disasters. Sorry for all the rambling on openair just brought back memories.

Come on back. I only used the snowblower three times this year. HOWEVER, I have used it twice in one day a couple of times since we MOVED BACK from Florida in 2005. Charlie, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne convinced my wife that blizzards are not quite as stressful as a hurricane every 2 or thee weeks.

We live 38 miles southwest of Decorah. As you know the area is called the Little Switzerland of Iowa. Then, across the Mississippi at Prairie du Chien or Lansing into Wisconsin. Wonderful area to take the Slingshot into.

• screen shot of them feeding their little bobble head - - looks like second egg isn't going hatch, which may actually be a good thing as it will allow the parents to focus on keeping just the one warm and alive

• screen shot from now 3/17

• Did the second one hatch?

no, the moderators have said it won’t hatch, apparently not fertile

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• Jackie, on the right, just returned from chasing off an intruder.

and now its time for a family meal

• this evenings screen grab - Dad, Shadow in the back, then mom, Jackie and the yet to be named little one in the front - - I will say this little guy is growing fast - probably helps being the only mouth to feed

• We have a pair nesting across the street on the lake shore. I worry about my small cats becoming their dinner. They are petty common around here and there is normally one nest cam running.

• Oh btw two lines from one of my favorite songs that is fitting here, well I think so.

The Eagles flew in from the West Coast.

Like the Byrds they just wanted to be free.

• little sucker is getting fat!

• breakfast time

• just for kicks I took this screenshot from the second wide angle camera they have of the Big Bear eagles - The nest is located near the top of the big Jeffery Pin on the left hand side of the picture and if you look closely you can make out both parents who happened to be in the nest when I grabbed this - this nest is approximately 140 feet off the ground

here I zoomed in on the nest area, but by the time I did one of the parents had left so you can only see one