Growing more distant

• In a couple of months the Grasshopper will be seven years old, we purchased it on a whim back when the SlingShot was still teething. Wow, seven years ago? The dealer that we purchased our SlingShot was 150 miles from us at that time, now the nearest dealer is over 100 miles more distant, an additional two hours, in which we visited approximately a year and a half ago to accomplish Recall T-19-01. ( I am finding myself missing not having any more recalls, for it was an excuse to at least get into a dealer now and then.) Now I am trying to remember, but I do not believe that I have set eyes on another SlingShot since that time? We must have at least a few other SlingShots in our area by now I would think, but if we do we never see them. The Grasshopper still attracts it's share of attention when we take it out with the most common comment still being, "I have not seen one of these before", or, "I have never seen one of these for real before." Just today when we were in getting the new rear tire installed, the technicians were totally unfamiliar with the SlingShot. Anyways, I am finding that I have mostly lost touch myself, and it is becoming harder to relate to the newer models. If it wasn't for these two Forums, I could easily be lead to believe that they are no longer being manufactured.

So, I am just curious if there are others out there that purchased their SlingShot in it's infancy, but are also now feeling that they are loosing touch?

Bill

• Just get a New Sling and it Will All Start Over, just like the First but a Much Better Ride and Experience!!! I'm on my Third and looking at the Fourth, each two years apart ; 2016.5 LE new put 17k , 2018 R new put 40k, and now 2020 R new with 18k at this time ????? All manuals !!

• I picked up Sling I on Feb. 12, 2015 and it has 103,000 miles on it. Knowing that I would have a Sling for the rest of my life, a deal came alone for a 2016 for $13,000 with 8,000 miles on it. I would be cutting into my play money by buying new every two or three years, and money does not grow on a tree around here. Around here it looks like there is no interest in a 100,000 mile Sling so it looks like I have a spare Slingshot.

• Just get a New Sling and it Will All Start Over, just like the First but a Much Better Ride and Experience!!! I'm on my Third and looking at the Fourth, each two years apart ; 2016.5 LE new put 17k , 2018 R new put 40k, and now 2020 R new with 18k at this time ????? All manuals !!

Just my opinion mind you, as far as replacing our SlingShot goes, I believe that the 2015/early 2016 are the best models to build upon, where we are now getting our 2015 to the point where we are finding we have been wanting it. With what I have been reading, I have not came across anything tantalizing enough to justify paying upwards to $20,000 above our SlingShot to purchase a newer one, plus having to accessorize it all over again.

Now, if we had a booku amount of disposable income that could very well become a different story!

Bill

• Picked up my 2015 on 12/20/14, build #641. I now have 93k+ which is pretty good fior our short riding season in Maine. I'm not one to modify but I did supercharge at 78k and now upgraded the audio system at 93k. Total spent to date on mods is 5,500. Oh plus new wheels because my rear wheel cracked and new shocks along with comfort seats. So a total of 8,500 in mods over 7 years. Still allot cheaper than spending 25k+ for a new one that won't be supercharged. I love my 2015 and if the engine ever goes it will be on a trailer to DDM for a new engine.

• Picked up my 2015 on 12/20/14, build #641. Oh plus new wheels because my rear wheel cracked...................

Did you hit something with that rear wheel, or was it one of those "defective" ones that have shown themselves every now and then? We have one each front and rear wheels stashed in the garage, where I still think that it is the best looking wheel that came on the SlingShot!

Here are a couple of pictures with the Grasshopper on the occasion of when we first met on the showroom floor seven years ago:

Bill

• It was only after we purchased the Grasshopper and found the "other" Forum did we come to realize just how lucky we were with being able just to walk in to the dealer, choose our SlingShot, (there were three base models and the one SL to choose from), where most everybody else were having to order theirs and wait months for it to come in! We also only paid $24,000, (no added fees), and got the cockpit cover thrown in.

Bill

• At times I've run into a rut with ride time. Sure as winter turns into spring the itch always returned. What would be the benefits of selling vs. the cost of holding onto and taking a break. If you sell and that itch returns?

• wjfyfe , I was just trying to answer your original question ???

And No I don't have a Money Tree, and No I don't have a Booku of Money?

But, yes I do Enjoy the Slingshots and No I have Not lost the thrills of Riding them or owning them even at my age !! I Have Been Blessed by God Above and give Him the Glory for making it All possible and that I'm still Able!!

• This is from 2020... I thought it was interesting...

Powersports Business has learned that:

• Slingshot has more than doubled the business year-over-year during the peak summer months (May – Sept.)
    • In Q3, Slingshot sales were up mid-50 percent
    • 80% of Slingshot’s dealer network is greater-than or equal-to its sales results in 2019. In other words, nearly every single dealer in the country is flat or growing between May and September 2020

Because of this, Slingshot has worked hard through summer to keep inventory in stock with some dealers experiencing waiting lists of eager customers wanting to own a 2020 Polaris Slingshot.

Feedback from the field is that people are coming into dealerships asking about Slingshot and, in particular, the AutoDrive transmission. In fact, over 80% of Slingshot customers in 2020 are new to Polaris.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• wjfyfe , I was just trying to answer your original question ???

And No I don't have a Money Tree, and No I don't have a Booku of Money?

But, yes I do Enjoy the Slingshots and No I have Not lost the thrills of Riding them or owning them even at my age !! I Have Been Blessed by God Above and give Him the Glory for making it All possible and that I'm still Able!!

LOL,we're obviously each coming from different experiences, perspective and expectations about the SlingShot, I meant absolutely no disrespect with my response and I apologize that I came across as being offensive!

Bill