New soft Top

• I was curious today about the price that Polaris is asking for their new optional Excursion soft top that they recently announced - - when I checked their site found out its just under $1,800 - - this price actually didn't seem all that bad considering normal Polaris prices, but what I found interesting is that they only show it as an available option for 2022 slingshots - - makes me wonder if this is just because it came out at the same time or is there actually a change that was made that makes it incompatible with the earlier model years?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thats a great price and most likely it fits all the older models as well. I was also wondering the same for the Brembo brake kit. They are charging $2000 for the full kit which is a good price considering it comes from them directly AND its Brembo. I have a feeling it will fit older models just fine. I will try to get more info directly from the dealer next week.

• The 2017 - 2021 Slingshots all use the same roll hoops that are needed for the Slingshade. The new Excursion Top replaces the roll hoops, so there is a chance that it might not fit the older frames, but there also seems a decent chance that it might fit. The 2022 now uses the tubular roll hoops for all models except the R model (https://slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/). Knowing Polaris, I'm sure they use the same roll hoop mounting holes for all models, so I'd expect the Excursion Top to also fit all models.

• Yep. I would be shocked if it didn't fit the older models because its doubtful Polaris changed the main mounting bolt locations. Its literally 8 bolts front and back and unlike the Slingshade this top requires removal of the roll hoops and the frame of the top serves as the new roll hoops.

• Yep. I would be shocked if it didn't fit the older models because its doubtful Polaris changed the main mounting bolt locations. Its literally 8 bolts front and back and unlike the Slingshade this top requires removal of the roll hoops and the frame of the top serves as the new roll hoops.

Since Polaris replaces the Roll Hoops with the Excursion Top, it should also meet the safety requirements of the Roll Hoops, something none of the aftermarket tops claim to meet.

Edited once, last by BKL ().