Christmas Purchase, Thermal R&D muffler

• Yesterday Slingmods had one day special on the Thermal R&D muffler and I talked myself right into it. Not looking for HP or heat reduction, just looking for a little more tone on the exhaust. I know it's hard to get a real good sound out of a 4 cyl engine..., but I'm going to give it a try. Anyone else running the muffler?

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• Yesterday Slingmods had one day special on the Thermal R&D muffler and I talked myself right into it. Not looking for HP or heat reduction, just looking for a little more tone on the exhaust. I know it's hard to get a real good sound out of a 4 cyl engine..., but I'm going to give it a try. Anyone else running the muffler?

I am running the Welter Duals, but my buddy bought the Thermal R & D last year. I like the sound "BUT" to me it is a little too loud to be used on long trips.

• I am running the Welter Duals, but my buddy bought the Thermal R & D last year. I like the sound "BUT" to me it is a little too loud to be used on long trips.

I don't do real long trips but I hope it's not like that... My long trips are 300 miles in a day. Over into the mountains and then play for a few hours then back.

TheDonFather - Videos

Edited once, last by drfubar ().

• drfubar

Changed the title of the thread from “Christmas Purchase, Thermall R&D muffler” to “Christmas Purchase, Thermal R&D muffler”.
  • I don't do real long trips but I hope it's not like that... My long trips are 300 miles in a day. Over into the mountains and then play for a few hours then back.

300 miles is a long trip for a lot of people. Two Slings with a total of around 120,000 miles since 2/12/15. I would not want to listen to that exhaust for over an hour at a time, my head would be rattling.

• 300 miles is a long trip for a lot of people. Two Slings with a total of around 120,000 miles since 2/12/15. I would not want to listen to that exhaust for over an hour at a time, my head would be rattling.

We'll see. It's supposed to be a good tone.

TheDonFather - Videos

• I love mine so far. You will be happy…will it be the one under the rear or above the rear tire? If it’s under I would recommend the heat shields.

Just the muffler. Didn't get the rear exit.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Installed the muffler this morning. I think at an idle it's a bit quieter than my stock muffler. The tone is definitely deeper and nicer. Hope to get out on the road tomorrow for a quick ride to see how much more noise it makes. So far it's just what I wanted. Whew... what a bitch getting the springs off the old one and getting them on the new one. I said some bad words... LOL

TheDonFather - Videos

• Installed the muffler this morning. I think at an idle it's a bit quieter than my stock muffler. The tone is definitely deeper and nicer. Hope to get out on the road tomorrow for a quick ride to see how much more noise it makes. So far it's just what I wanted. Whew... what a bitch getting the springs off the old one and getting them on the new one. I said some bad words... LOL

For those trying to reinstall the springs, use a ty rap loop to hook on the spring loop. It makes it easy to install the spring. You can use whatever you have to run thru the loop on the ty-rap to pull the spring

I’m an hour from ya with the spring puller if ya need it…….oh crap too late

• I’m an hour from ya with the spring puller if ya need it…….oh crap too late

Thank you but I've wrestled with exhaust springs before and have a couple of spring pullers. Not a lot of room to get the job done but I managed. LOL. As for the ty-raps, I knew about the use of them for that but I just couldn't see the ty-rap not breaking and me busting my hand on something... Got it done anyway. Thanks to all.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Put the heat shield back on this morning. It wasn't on the slingmods video. I had to modify it a little but it shouldn't hurt anything. In fact it should be better.

TheDonFather - Videos