Throttle mechanism

• Went to the dealer this AM for an oil change. On the way there, my throttle started hanging up. Made for a hairy 20 mile ride. Service manager showed me how the throttle mechanism was very rusted and hanging up. He had it in stock, so he put a new one in and marked the price down for me. He also diagnosed my crunching sound from the rear as the wheel bearing going bad. Had to order that part, so will get that replaced next week. Only 7300 miles. Just glad it's not the angle drive. He said it will take a few hours to replace the bearing. Guess it is more involved than I would have thought.:(

• Went to the dealer this AM for an oil change. On the way there, my throttle started hanging up. Made for a hairy 20 mile ride. Service manager showed me how the throttle mechanism was very rusted and hanging up. He had it in stock, so he put a new one in and marked the price down for me. He also diagnosed my crunching sound from the rear as the wheel bearing going bad. Had to order that part, so will get that replaced next week. Only 7300 miles. Just glad it's not the angle drive. He said it will take a few hours to replace the bearing. Guess it is more involved than I would have thought.:(

It is not a big job to change the bearings with the right tools.

• Without seeing it, I find the throttle issue a bit hard to believe. These vehicles have a "drive by wire" system and not the old sytle that has an actual cable. The throttle is electronically controlled by the ecu based on input from the TPS sensor and others. Oh well, just my unsolicited input and could be wrong. Either way, it should be covered under the factory two year unlimited mileage warranty if it is still in force

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Without seeing it, I find the throttle issue a bit hard to believe. These vehicles have a "drive by wire" system and not the old sytle that has an actual cable. The throttle is electronically controlled by the ecu based on input from the TPS sensor and others. Oh well, just my unsolicited input and could be wrong. Either way, it should be covered under the factory two year unlimited mileage warranty if it is still in force

there are 5 different sensors in that pedal.....I

Start on page 11.128 in the service manual.....

mine was replaced under warranty and it was over $500...