2020+ Rear Axle Nut Size/Torque Specs

• Needing to know if any of you knowledgeable folks may know the rear axle nut size on the new style Slingshot and what the torque specs are when tightening back down? I think I've seen this info on the older style but not sure where you guys got it or where it would be best to look for the 2020+. Any info is greatly appreciated!

• The 2015 Slingshot originally shipped with a large nut tightened to 250 lbft and then replaced the single nut with 2 thinner nuts, but still tightened to the same torque level. Looking at the 2020 parts diagrams, Polaris appears to have gone back to a single nut, but now uses a castle nut that is secured against coming loose with a cotter pin. I'm guessing they probably still stayed with the same 250 lbft of torque for tightening, but I don't know for sure. A Google search for 2020 Polaris Slingshot rear axle nut torque failed to return a specific value.

• The 2015 Slingshot originally shipped with a large nut tightened to 250 lbft and then replaced the single nut with 2 thinner nuts, but still tightened to the same torque level. Looking at the 2020 parts diagrams, Polaris appears to have gone back to a single nut, but now uses a castle nut that is secured against coming loose with a cotter pin. I'm guessing they probably still stayed with the same 250 lbft of torque for tightening, but I don't know for sure. A Google search for 2020 Polaris Slingshot rear axle nut torque failed to return a specific value.

Yeah Google wasn't much help for me either. That's why I turned here quickly. I appreciate the quick response and info, definitely gives me a place to start. Didn't figure there were a whole lot of people that would have had a reason to take that nut off yet.

• I thought that when they came out with the revised double nut set-up, they used two different torque settings. One for the inner nut to set the bearing preload and the outer nut was less as it only was acting as a jam nut to keep the primary one from loosening up. I could be wrong, but for what it's worth, that's my recollection of it

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I thought that when they came out with the revised double nut set-up, they used two different torque settings. One for the inner nut to set the bearing preload and the outer nut was less as it only was acting as a jam nut to keep the primary one from loosening up. I could be wrong, but for what it's worth, that's my recollection of it

That is correct…

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014