Steering Wheel Recommendations

• Even with the short hub adapter, the wheel is at least 1.5" closer. The only way to chip away at that distance is to find a wheel that is not dished. It looks like mytoy's wheel is not dished and is a good example.

I thought it being so close was going to be an issue, but now I appreciate it. I read up on the reasons Indy and Nascar drivers have the wheel close, and after driving for a year with this setup I agree. More leverage and less fatigue when your arms are at the correct position.

• Lots of neat steering wheels but with a 2020 R I got all those buttons on both sides.

That's the reason for aftermarket.

Gonna have to wait til it catches up.

Bet you can't complain about the rubber sweat pooling butt groove, helmet neck bending head rest seats.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• @airoutlaw Actually I really like the seats in my 2020 R and don't think they are rubber. As a matter of fact when my lower back is really hurting sitting in the Slingshot helps and a nice ride really helps. I think it is the lumbar support that helps. Yep I am sure the after market mods will catch up but I am not really into the mod thing anyway.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I have thought a quick disconnect might be a fun mod, but I absolutely do not want the steering wheel any closer to me than it is now as stock - - not having any local slingshots where I can see these things I have been hesitant to order anything - - what I would like to know is if using a quick disconnect with the NRG short hub adapter can the wheel be kept at its original distance?

ED, my quick disconnect steering wheel is by far my favorite mod. It was a little strange at first to have the wheel closer to me, but the more I drove the more I liked it. The best thing is getting out of the SS is a breeze now. I'm not a little guy (6'2" 230lbs) and getting in and out with the stock wheel was a pain. I have an NRG wheel that is much more comfortable in my hands that the stock wheel. Hardest part of the mod is getting the stock wheel off, but a little patience is all it took with the puller to get mine off.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• [quote='MiM','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10170-steering-wheel-recommendations/&postID=352320#post352320']

I replaced the Carbon Fiber wheel like My Toy has in his pic for this new Momo. slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/123842/

Nice wheel! And nice gauge cluster!

[/quote]

Thanks. The gauges are really nice, they are backlit in white with red lit needles. The Momo allows me to see the gauges better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro