Cobalt SS supercharger

• I was brought to my attention that you can find these superchargers with a manifold for 500 of less on Facebook. Coupled with a kit from ZZP, and a tune, it seems like you could have boost for under 1500, yet I haven't been able to find anyone doing this...what am I missing?

• I was brought to my attention that you can find these superchargers with a manifold for 500 of less on Facebook. Coupled with a kit from ZZP, and a tune, it seems like you could have boost for under 1500, yet I haven't been able to find anyone doing this...what am I missing?

Welcome but sorry it won't fit due to the Slingshots engine not being mounted in a transverse position like the Cobalt.

............ nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Welcome but sorry it won't fit due to the Slingshots engine not being mounted in a transverse position like the Cobalt.

It can be done and has been done but it is not a direct drop in. Just for reference, the blower in your photo is a TVS blower. Most likely a TVS 1320 or TVS 1900. The Cobalt uses a M62 blower. There is a pic below. There is a guy named Antwan Smith that has a sling known as Las Vegas Mad Hatter. He did it with a TVS 1900. I personally would have gone with the 1320 as it is more appropriately sized for the 2.4. I do know he had to have the snout cut down so it would line up with the crank and alt pulleys. I'm not sure if the M62 would have a better fit or if it would also have to be cut down. I would assume so. Even with our kit you would need to modify some things but it would not be bad. Mostly just line lengths and having to design some sort of intake solution. We were playing around with making a kit like this as this style of blower is more efficient than other options out there but the Cobalts are 14yrs old now and the blowers and intake manifolds are getting hard to source so it didn't make sense coming out with a kit that would be hard to supply kits for. But it can definitely be done. If we had more time I would actually like to do just to do it but at the end of the day I personally enjoy turbos more.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

The issue you will have with a stock M62 from a cobalt is going to be the intake side of the supercharger will stick right into the firewall area of the Slingshot. There is one guy that I know of that did a custom setup using the LSJ intake manifold with an adapter plate to a TVS setup, but he ended up spending a lot more money on it than just buying an off the shelf turbo or supercharger kit. So it can be done, but it is not going to be a plug and play setup on the Slingshot.

If you have any questions about it, just let me know.