Tire pressure monitors

• Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• just recently I saw a post on face book where a guy was running this one

SKKIK tpm

he had the little monitor mounted right near the steering wheel on the right if I remember correctly. I booked marked in on amazon because I like that it has its own monitor and is not reliant on using my phone also at $90 it seems like it might be worth trying

I see your are faster than me =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yeah, I saw that one but didn't want the monitor. I always have my phone in a ram mount so I could use it as the monitor.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

TheDonFather - Videos

• Yeah, I saw that one but didn't want the monitor. I always have my phone in a ram mount so I could use it as the monitor.

if they had an apple watch app I might have to order one - - but they say not to use it with rubber valve stems so I wouldnt want it until I am ready for new tires so - - - - - - maybe later

• if they had an apple watch app I might have to order one - - but they say not to use it with rubber valve stems so I wouldnt want it until I am ready for new tires so - - - - - - maybe later

Apple? oh wait, I see you are in California... ^^^^^^^^8o

TheDonFather - Videos

• Apple? oh wait, I see you are in California... ^^^^^^^^8o

not sure it has anything to do with my being in California, but yes I am an Apple product lover and so is my family - we all have Apple phones. several of us have Apple watches and my computer is an Apple iMac - - - - it just all works really well together - - even have 2 Apple TV's

As a side note the Apple watch is great for navigation put in your destination and then you dont even have to look a map - just gives you a gentle tap on the wrist when its time to turn great for when it would be hard to hear the instructions from your gps/phone

• I’ve been running the FOBO ones...I really like them... usually when I ride I have two apps open on my phone that I watch constantly... the tire pressure and the weather radar.
    a few years ago riding my SS on the turnpike I hit a chunk of 4x4...that was laying in the road... I just hit the edge of it with my rear tire.....I didn’t want to risk stopping to look at it in case I had a leak....so I monitored my pressure as I was driving to see if the damage was critical... I didn’t want to have to get a tow truck on the turnpike. I didn’t notice any pressure drop but I did increase my speed slightly. I was at least 25 miles from home. My tire shop is only a few blocks from my house so I headed there....pronto.
    the tire had a chunk of the sidewall sliced off about 1” by 2” a quarter inch thick....no leak....I drove it until the tread wore out...

I park out side all year long....the monitor batteries seem to go dead every winter... so I just count on changing them every spring.

one thing to note....they recommend using metal valve stems....so they don’t crack the rubber ones from centrifugal force.. and they must be short to clear the brake calipers... and the tire needs to be removed to install the stems....they have a nut on the inside to hold them...

• I put mine on just a matter of removing the valve cap and screwing them on. They recomment the metal valve stems also but I didn't have mine changed. They also have a nut behind them to tighten to avoid them being stolen. I run the app on my IPhone but only to check the pressure now and then. You can set a high and low range for each tire and a alarm but I doth I would hear it anyway.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• not sure it has anything to do with my being in California, but yes I am an Apple product lover and so is my family - we all have Apple phones. several of us have Apple watches and my computer is an Apple iMac - - - - it just all works really well together - - even have 2 Apple TV's

As a side note the Apple watch is great for navigation put in your destination and then you dont even have to look a map - just gives you a gentle tap on the wrist when its time to turn great for when it would be hard to hear the instructions from your gps/phone

I wear a helmet with communications so hearing is not an issue. Just busting your balls about being in liberal California. I've got a bud in GA that's from San Diego and I bust on him too.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Wow, didn't realize so many had these. I ordered some this morning so I'll be good to go. My reasoning is that if my rear tire is starting to go down because of a small puncture I can stop put a plug in it and bring the pressure back up. I carry a plugging kit. I don't want to run on the stiff sidewalls and then have to replace it...

TheDonFather - Videos

• I wear a helmet with communications so hearing is not an issue. Just busting your balls about being in liberal California. I've got a bud in GA that's from San Diego and I bust on him too.

out here in the desert there are still a good number of us who are conservative :)

• I have never ran the monitors and probably never will

since our tires are low profile and it’s somewhat harder to tell if the pressure is getting low....is reason for doing it...but also it came in handy on my truck on night. I was going to girlfriends house...she 25 miles from me door to door.... I just got up the turnpike ram and my light came on ....I was on the phone with her at the time.... there is a tire place two blocks off the turnpike in her town. So I drove 80-85 mph so I could get there before it was completely flat... I had her drive there because that’s where I was headed... I’m not a big fan of changing tires in the dark on a death trap like the turnpike...no room to pull off the road enough to feel safe.....plus getting a tow truck on the pike is very costly... they know you’re screwed... just so happens they were already closed... I left it in their parking lot and first thing in the morning we went there... the back tire was totally flat.... I figured I picked up a nail or screw on the entrance ramp.

And my truck doesn’t tell you how much air is in the tire.... these SS monitors do... by the pound.... let’s you know how fast you’re leaking air and what actions you need to take...

don’t forget if you need a tow truck for the slingshot tell them they are towing a corvette.... clearance reasons ...

for me I’d never drive the SS without them... personal choice... and it indicates each tire separately ..

This spring I was changing the batteries in my monitors.... on my front tire the metal valve stem nut inside the tire was loose.....pushing on it sideways you could hear air leaking.... I went to the car wash to clean off the tub and rims. While I was in there it indicated my tire lost 10 pounds.... so I immediately went right to the tire shop a few blocks away... they broke it down and tightened the nut.... early warning is always a good thing.

A side note.....those rubber stems are getting stressed from the weight of those monitors spinning...centrifugal force wants to throw them off..... and we all know how crappy rubber is these days.. they are going to dry rot and crack from flexing.... my monitors actually came with short metal stems...

• I have never ran the monitors and probably never will

Understandable. Here's my way of thinking..... The zero pressure rear tire I'm putting on is $325 from my dealer who was quite a bit lower in price than the internet so if I get a nail in it I can repair it as long as it doesn't go all the way down and I drive on it. Supposedly if you drive on a zero pressure tire when it has no air in it you will have to replace it after it gets you home. I don't want to spend another $325 if I don't have to. I'd rather repair it on the road like I use to do with my motorcycle tires and drive it till it wears out.... The pressure monitor was about $60 so that's considerably less than a new tire...

TheDonFather - Videos

• Understandable. Here's my way of thinking..... The zero pressure rear tire I'm putting on is $325 from my dealer who was quite a bit lower in price than the internet so if I get a nail in it I can repair it as long as it doesn't go all the way down and I drive on it. Supposedly if you drive on a zero pressure tire when it has no air in it you will have to replace it after it gets you home. I don't want to spend another $325 if I don't have to. I'd rather repair it on the road like I use to do with my motorcycle tires and drive it till it wears out.... The pressure monitor was about $60 so that's considerably less than a new tire...

I actually have a tire plug kit in the glove box and a can of fix a flat....

I did have a small air pump ....I think I need to buy another one...

• In the past I have had ZERO luck successfully plugging a tire on the road after getting a flat - - only tried a hand full of times before realizing that I was just wasting time that could have gotten AAA there a bit sooner if I had just called them in the first place.

• In the past I have had ZERO luck successfully plugging a tire on the road after getting a flat - - only tried a hand full of times before realizing that I was just wasting time that could have gotten AAA there a bit sooner if I had just called them in the first place.

it doesn’t have to be a perfect fix....just fixed enough to get you to the tire shop... usually they plug the tire and patch over it inside the tire... I just don’t want to pay for a tow or get hit trying to change it on the side of the road..

if you have a slow leak nail in the tire leave it in ...if you pull it out it will leak faster....