The New Front Fenders from @Stickerdick

• hm............now I am wondering if mine have a little more flex than needed, my first attempt was mounted at 1/2 - 3/4 inch and I had a rock get stuck on the thread and damage the lower part of the fender which is why I am at about 1 1/4" now.

yours look the same as mine, as far as having hardware on the inside, but I removed more glass from the back side. From the metal arms, I cut them straight to where the tread starts. I'll try and post a picture. Not sure if that's it. Give me a minute.

• @Neosolidus... the rubber washer goes on the inside of the fender between the metal arm and the fender, that is what gives you the cushion and there should no be a large amount of wobble? I need you to check another item... Take out one of the m12 bolts and tell me how long it is? I might have sent you some of the 110 millimeter bolts, if I did, then i need to send you the 100 millimeter bolts. If your bolts are too long, they are bottoming out and you are not getting enough "bite" against the hub and your fender could actually be loose. Let me know ASAP! Plus... The "Grand touring cut", which is basically the full size fender is the heaviest, but the bracket should be strong enough to hold the fender off the tire... you might need to sand some of the inside of the fender smoother if you are too close, but as long as you have a fingers height off of the tire, it should not rub, which is making me think that the m12 bolts are too long and they might not be getting the the bracket tight against the hub allowing this "wobble".

Also, from the picture you posted with the arms mounted... you might have them too close together, or not spread far enough apart to hold the fender steady... that would allow the fender to flex too much. I'm sorry for the troubles... keep me informed. Are you going to be in Maggie Valley?

• @Shatneyman pictures show the arms with a much wider stance on the fender, farther spread apart and that is the right way to go... it might be you just have the arms too close together. but when you get a chance , check those m12 bolts please. And the double sided tape is a great way to help hold the fender as well as act like an isolator. We are doing that on the bobbers.

• @StickerDick the reason that the upper arm is pushed back and closer to the other one is because if i put it straight up like you say on the video there isn't enough material to safely drill a hole for the lower bolt.

As far as the bolts that mount the bracket to the hub they seem ok to me, once mounted they don't look any difference from the stock bolts on the other side.

Also just to be clear i have a rubber/neoprene washer on both sides of the fender, figure that way it can deal with any surface imperfections to give me a better mounting platform as well as well as prevent any vibration damage.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• My brackets are a full 45 degrees apart. I have about 1/4 inch more clearance between the fender and the tire than @Shatneyman is showing with his pictures. My brackets are mounted on the outside of the fender so that I could center the fender over the tire. I also have used the rubber and the SS fender washers on both side (also under the brackets). So if I ever redo the fender from the way I have now, the back will be 6 inch from the ground and I will take about 4 inch off off the front. I just cut enough off of the fender to round the front and the back with a 12 radius. I am thinking like @StickerDick that the brackets are to close together on your, therefore allowing more movement of your fender. You could also drill another hole in the bracket to get your mounting hole further from the edge of the fender and move to a full 45 degree or more between the brackets. I do not really see anything wrong with the install and @StickerDick brought up the things that I was thinking about.

• @StickerDick the reason that the upper arm is pushed back and closer to the other one is because if i put it straight up like you say on the video there isn't enough material to safely drill a hole for the lower bolt.

As far as the bolts that mount the bracket to the hub they seem ok to me, once mounted they don't look any difference from the stock bolts on the other side.

Also just to be clear i have a rubber/neoprene washer on both sides of the fender, figure that way it can deal with any surface imperfections to give me a better mounting platform as well as well as prevent any vibration damage.

If you want. I have a set of the long arms that are an extra set I will be glad to send them to you overnight. Maybe that will help with those that were not able to hit the mark. They are drilled the same as the short arms, just the same length as the long arms. In your set of arms, there should have been two short and two long, so maybe having all long arms would solve the issue and allow you to have more spacing? I just want your fenders to work the way you want them to.

• Looking at your pictures again, it looks like you used the long arm as your top mount, the closest to the spindle, which is correct..... this is a puzzler? I can send you the extra arms and you could redo your holes, it would mean having to fill in the holes from the previous attempt. I'd be glad to do the repair for you, or, like I said, I could cut and drill you another set of fenders and send them to you.... need my "Alpha" customers happy with the product. I know being the first to do something is not easy, and I appreciate ALL of you for being my first! Sorry you are having trouble.

• I am not the least bit disappointed or unhappy, I expected some issues and so far nothing has been outside of the realm of my expectations.

Although It was kind of annoying missing out on yesterday's event it was my own fault for leaving the install for last day before the event, heck the event was supposed to be earlier in the month so I even had more time to prepare yet i still manage to procrastinate(I blame the weather) and leave the install for the day before the ride which was a horrible idea on my part.

I was really excited to show off the new fenders since no one in MN has them other than me(IFAIK) so it could have been great PR for you lol.

Also disappointed @exharleyrider who I had told I would be there to show him my sling and let him try out my seats.

• Here is something else that I did as to I do not like drilling extra holes in my SlingShot unless necessary. On the back/last screw on the filler panel I used the carpet /finish washer and the proper sized countersink screw (ALL STAINLESS OF COURSE). You will have to get right up on it to tell that it does not screw in square with the body. I also used a small metric washer under the finish washer which let the finish washer kind of float/square itself up with the screw.

• I have sent the longer arms to you via postal overnight service, I hope they help.

I really do care what you, my "Alpha" customers think of the fenders.... you guys and gals were the first to try these and from your experiences, I was able to improve upon the product, found that most of the folks who will be buying these would prefer to get them ready to bolt on, and are willing to pay extra for that service, and that they seem to like the "Street fighter" cut the best, the "bobber" cut is fast to be number two on that list, and maybe after Maggie Valley, they will become my number one seller. Who knows....?

The GT or "Grand touring" cut, which is what most of the "Alpha" buyers did, is not quite as popular as I thought they would be, but that is why you have to be open to change. The rear fender is coming along, and should be at Welter Performances trailer on display and the Carbon fiber fenders will be on my bike in Maggie Valley! We should have 10 sets of fenders to install on bikes at MV, they will be available at Jeff Welters trailer since he will be the official distributor of the fenders at ALL of the SlingShot Roadster events this year. We will be supplying install support and will be on-site working with Jeff to make sure everybody gets a quality product!

• I've got no dog in the fight, but I have to say that Mark (Stickerdick) does take care of his people (customers and friends). If he says he's going to do something, you can take that to the bank. His word is his reputation and he takes pride in that (as he well should). Too bad all dealers weren't like Mark - BUT there are quite a few on here that are.

added: And if I may add, now that Stickerdick has associated himself with Jeff Welter to sell his line of fenders and Mark's support on the install at event, he now has another one of the best Slingshot vendors working with him. Kudos to Jeff Welter as well

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• I've got no dog in the fight, but I have to say that Mark (Stickerdick) does take care of his people (customers and friends). If he says he's going to do something, you can take that to the bank. His word is his reputation and he takes pride in that (as he well should). Too bad all dealers weren't like Mark - BUT there are quite a few on here that are.

added: And if I may add, now that Stickerdick has associated himself with Jeff Welter to sell his line of fenders and Mark's support on the install at event, he now has another one of the best Slingshot vendors working with him. Kudos to Jeff Welter as well

You got that right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I am behind posting pics about this due to a crazy busy work week.

My arm are now positioned at ~105° and the fenders feel stable with much less wobble compared to before, I however have not been able to test drive them on a crappy road to give them the final test so i can proceed to filling the extra holes and sanding imperfections.

I am really surprised that @FunCycle was able to get them to mount and be stable only using a 45° angle, mine at 65° wobble enough to get tire rash, maybe @StickerDick likes him better and gave him super beefed up fenders :POKESS: .

Mark thank you again for sending me those arms , even though mine are not finished everyone that was here for a wrench day yesterday(for sport bikes) commented on how great they complement the sling so once they are finished they will look even better.