• In my opinion this is yet another example of an over-the-top concept with the only real purpose of looking cool - and it sure does! But really, with a cost of $95k - $118k ($50k - $73k base price + $45k to Shelby), how many are actually going to baja this rig and require 2 spare tires? Any owner of this is much more likely to call AAA-HELP from the Vegas Strip. You sure wouldn't want to rip those extendable floorboards off now would ya?

OK maybe I'm a little jealous. I want it (for no good reason)!

Many of our mods are for the same purpose....looking cool.

• First off,,, I am referring to the 1/2 ton trucks below in my post. I have no idea what Chevy, Dodge and Ford have in their 3/4 and 1 ton lineup. SO don't get your panties in a ruffle when you read my post if you have a heavier duty truck. And If you drive a Chevy 1/2 truck and your happy with it then just skip over my post if you have your feelings on your fingertips. :D

So I have to admit, I am a Ford guy. If Chevy made a 1/2 ton truck that had any new technology either on the inside or the outside I would probably go test drive one. Chevy has just gone stale in my opinion. Some people use the phrase "If it isn't broke why would they change it". Well I think having a weaker drivetrain and an interior that is out of date pretty much broken. Even the 2019 Silverado looks just like every other Chevy. They still have that weak 5.3 and 6.2 engine in them. And when you open the door you can just see the year 2005 all over the dash. I have wanted to like the GMC truck so badly. But every time I get drive one I notice the obvious lack of power compared to the Fords twin turbo V6.

And Chevy doesn't even hide this fact. They know they are out powered. They always go after Ford about the aluminum body and show some dumbass dropping a toolbox into the bed and stabbing a hole in the bed. Realllllllly!!!! This is your only put down...... Well first off.... Who has a pickup without a spray in bed liner or a mat in the bed? Secondly....Who the hell throws a heavy ass tool box corner first into the bed of your truck?

Thirdly,,,, And my favorite now that I have had a deer smack my new Raptor..... Let me tell you about those light weight aluminum panels on the Ford truck.... They are awesome! No one makes crappy aftermarket replacement parts for the F150. You get all new pieces when you dent the aluminum panels. AND you get genuine Ford replacement panels because no one can make the aluminum parts yet except Ford. This is great! I don't have to worry about someone pulling a dent out and then using filler on my truck. My raptor has 2 new genuine Ford doors and a genuine Ford bedside panel.

The thing that has propelled Ford is the fact that they have a research and development department. They listen to the customer and they have found a winning combo with they Ecoboost line. I will put the 3.5 ecoboost F150 up against any 6.2 V8.

Hey I will even say this. I had a 2013 Ford Raptor with the 6.2 V8 in it and IT SUCKED. It was a loud gas guzzling piece of shit. The first Raptor looked great but it just needed some refinement. AND Ford went back to the design group and they came out with the 2017 Raptor. And I can say they fixed pretty much every issue that the old Raptor had.

They have a 10 Speed transmission that doesn't constantly hunt gears. They put an all new 3.5 EcoBoost engine in with 470 horsepower and 510 pounds of torque. They put the new Sync 3 Infotainment system in it. The navigation is 1000000 times better and you can just type in the name of a business and get the directions. Instead of having to put in the exact address. You have seats that don't have those hard ass side bolsters pushing into your sides. And they put LED headlights in that auto dim and actually do a good job at it. They have made the surround view cameras actually give you a pretty good view around the whole truck. And they have updated the overall look in the Raptor as well as the regular F150 lineup. They also have collusion avoidance and lane departure as features in their trucks. I keep those items turned off. They are kinda of annoying when driving, They tug on the steering wheel to much for me.

BUT they need to give the guys in research and development a few days off. Because they have put one thing on the F150 trucks that is so stupid I'm embarrassed to even talk about it... BUT I WILL JUST FOR YOU ALL.

Its called PRO TRAILER BACKUP ASSIST and I cant even explain it without getting upset. It basically is a tiny knob that you turn and it turns the steering wheel the opposite way. You are supposed to use the screen to view the trailer while using the knob to steer. IF YOU NEED THIS FEATURE YOU PROBABLY DON'T NEED TO BE PULLING A TRAILER!

And I agree with everyone that thinks new vehicles are prices to high. ALL the new trucks and cars are just way to expensive.

• I'll second you on your choice.
    I have been driving the STX with the smaller 2.7 twin turbo that I love. Since July I have over 17,000 miles on it with about 4,000 miles pulling the sling on a trailer. The STX has different seats that I find real comfortable and the Sync 3 system that by far is better than any system I have ever seen. If you start to put in an address for a location that is in a text or email on your phone, it suggest it after the first 2 digits. To add to that I will never have to update the maps because it is Google from your phone.
    I like the STX because it has just what I wanted for $32,000 out the door.