Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Back in the day, the late 70's. They called it union busting (turning the employees against each other) so that the company's could pretty much do what they wanted. If the company's had treated their employees fairly the union's could not have existed anyway. Today big business and the government are doing the same thing by turning the citizens of these United States against each other to brew hate and discontent so that the citizens will not stick together to get something done as a group. I will get off of my soap box.

• Back in the day, the late 70's. They called it union busting (turning the employees against each other) so that the company's could pretty much do what they wanted. If the company's had treated their employees fairly the union's could not have existed anyway. Today big business and the government are doing the same thing by turning the citizens of these United States against each other to brew hate and discontent so that the citizens will not stick together to get something done as a group. I will get off of my soap box.

Not a soap box Gerald!! Excellent observation. Unions were a much needed and excellent voice for the working man. Most of the union leaders now are corrupt or at the very least in the pocket of big business. Unions & government all need a reset from the ground up in IMO. However, as you point out, long as we the people are at each other's throat no progress will be made and the rich keep gettin richer and.......

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Edited once, last by Bill Martin ().

• Not a soap box Gerald!! Excellent observation. Unions were a much needed and excellent voice for the working man. Most of the union leaders now are corrupt or at the very in the pocket of big business. Unions & government all need a reset from the ground up in IMO. However, as you point out, long as we the people are at each other's throat no progress will be made and the rich keep gettin richer and.......

You got that right @Bill Martin and I think that is what is going on at this time.

• Wisconsin Recount is 95 percent complete.

Posted in

After Friday's counting, 65 of 72 counties are now complete. All are on schedule to finish by Monday.
    2,826,909 ballots have been recounted, approximately 95 percent of all presidential ballots cast (2,975,313).
    The net change is now +1,442 votes: Trump/Pence +628, Clinton/Kaine +653, Castle/Bradley +17, Johnson/Weld +76, Stein/Baraka +68, Moorehead/Lilly +14, and De la Fuente/Steinberg -14.

2016 Presidential Recount | Wisconsin Elections Commission

So to break it down with the WI recount 95% complete ..... $3.5 million dollars + spent and counting ... thousands of man hours .... the net result is a 25 vote error between Trump and Clinton .....

This was so worth the trouble ........... wacky-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I don't really care about the recount, I just want the Electoral College vote done so that we can stop hearing the "oh, vote your conscience not what your constituents wanted" crap. At least let the man take office before you start bitching about his policies.

On a different note, does this mean I get to riot the next time the Dems win?

• Well today I am proud to be a coonass!! Looks like the entire Dem ticket got flushed today. In case you are not familiar with him our new US Representative will be Clay Higgins. A super individual and a no nonsense type guy.....

• Federal Judge blocks recount in Pennsylvania

By DANIEL STRAUSS
    12/12/16 10:36 AM EST

A federal judge in Pennsylvania blocked Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein's recount bid in the state.
    U.S. District Judge Paul Diamond on Monday rejected a request by Stein to recount paper ballots in the state and examine voting machines in certain counties for any indication of hacking.

------------

According to a press release from the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office on the evening of December 8, the Nevada recount found these changes:
    Hillary Clinton lost 9 votes.
    Donald Trump lost 6 votes.
    There were no other changes found in the state that Clinton won. The state will not conduct a statewide recount because so few errors were found.

----------------

Wisconsin is on track to complete and certify their recount today ...........

EDIT Final WI UPDATE : After nearly 3 million votes were recounted. Trump picked up a net 162 votes and still won by more than 22,000 votes. The final results changed just 0.06 percent.

-----------------------

So ...that's that as far as the recount is concerned ............ politician-squared

All states will certify their results and electors by the end of the day tomorrow (12-13) who will then officially cast their votes with the Feds on the 19th....

Then ...... maybe .....we can all move on ........ but I doubt it .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• Never gonna end - next will be Trump paid off Putin to skew the election. Could you just imagine what the media would be like if Hellary had won and conservatives were making all these wild allegations - Dems are