2020 model question

• They also make an S with the technology package which adds speakers and a backup camera. I recently purchased a 2021 R Manual. I did test drive the automatic with paddle shifters and shifting is amazingly better with the update. Also as stated above with the paddle shifters you can shift at your will if you like. In manual mode it will not shift to higher gears automatically but it will automatically downshift if you slow down

Hmmm...If you are going at 100 mph...and down shift...will it go into a lower gear?

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• Hmmm...If you are going at 100 mph...and down shift...will it go into a lower gear?

Only if it won't put you in the red zone. It won't let you downshift if your RPM will be too high as a safety measure. It will say on the dash "shifting not allowed".

• Well that's cool. Can you change to manual while driving?

I honestly haven't tried going from D to M while moving out of fear of screwing something up. I've only done it while stationary. I'll try it this evening in the parking lot when I leave work to see what happens.

Edit: most regular vehicles allow you to do this, but since the Slingshot's shifter buttons are electronic, I was afraid it might shit the bed.

• I forgot to reply back to this the other day. You can safely change between D mode and M mode while in motion. The dash display simply changes from D to whatever gear you're already in and gives you control, and vice versa.

• Hellproof Thanks I think maybe that will be my next mod. My dealer hasn't decided what they are going to charge for the install yet but last I talked with them they had ordered 4 for customers. Said they were really slow getting them in stock.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• If they can do it in a hour yes, but dealer charges $140 a hour labor. You know they are going to find other charges like needing to wash the shop rags they used. Hey I willing to pay two hours. That is what I heard someone else say was normal for this install.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Confusing isn't it ! Depending on your color choice, Budget, and necessary options you want, Like Manual or Auto their are two very important decisions you need to make.

First off where do you live, what dealer choices do you have?? Second the price. By letting us know where you live we can give you advice, based on actual experiences with dealers. Price is very important, you can make your own comparison based on the paper work you get. Most importantly is the service/parts departments of your dealer. Service is so critical since you can't take a sling anywhere. This is where you can get information about the dealership from other sling owners near you. Good service is King and will insure you are able to enjoy your sling long after the price point is moot.

Welcome to a wonderful experience.

Jamesgn