2020 R Stereo info

• Sorry, I can't answer your question since I don't know what an amp trigger wire is. I would like to add a question to this thread because it is about a 2020 R stereo. My 2020 R stereo with the USB plugged in brings up the first on the list of mp3 files I put on it. I can play them a while and then, when I shut down and later start back up, the list is at the beginning again instead of where I stopped when I shut down. Is this just a problem I have or is this the way it works on this stereo?

Also, as a FYI for 2020 model owners with the factory stereo, the USB port in the glove box is not for playing, only charging. Only the USB port under the radio will play your mp3 files.

• Yes, EJ, I know how the older ones work. I had a 2015 and this is my second Slingshot. That's why I was asking about the strange behavior of the USB. I do not pull it out but it always goes back to the beginning after a shutdown. I hope someone with a 2020 and OEM stereo will confirm or tell me that is not how their's works.

Just another FYI that parts for the 2020s are slow. I got mine in August and finally got the roof and rear fender on last week. I am still waiting on the tall windsheild. It is not supposed to be ready until next month.

• Another FYI for 2020 owners: the USB port in the glove box is not for playing music but for charging only as I found out when complaining about it not working to my dealer. That is a step down from the 2015 model I owned that had both USB ports work for playing music.

• Another FYI for 2020 owners: the USB port in the glove box is not for playing music but for charging only as I found out when complaining about it not working to my dealer. That is a step down from the 2015 model I owned that had both USB ports work for playing music.

Guess I am going to have to keep my 2016 ... only got 80,800+ miles on it and ALL my music is set up on memory sticks for the USB port.

• The port in the dash works for playing music. On the 2015 model, you couldn't use both at the same time anyhow. However, as I mentioned before, after playing and shutting down, when you start up again, the files on the USB are not at where you left them. They are back at the beginning again, so you can't continue where you left off without scrolling through the files to find the spot where you were before.

• The port in the dash works for playing music. On the 2015 model, you couldn't use both at the same time anyhow. However, as I mentioned before, after playing and shutting down, when you start up again, the files on the USB are not at where you left them. They are back at the beginning again, so you can't continue where you left off without scrolling through the files to find the spot where you were before.

I've got the 2016 and I don't think I have a second USB port. Where would it be????

• It could be in my old man faulty memory. I thought I had 2 ports in my 2015 model but am not sure now. It has been over a year since I had it. I thought one was in the glove box and the other on the dash, but that could be wrong. Sorry if I mislead anyone. When you get old, you will find out that memory fades as the years go by.

I'm not a music kind of guy. I don't think I have listened to more than 2 hrs of music in the last 10 years.

• It could be in my old man faulty memory. I thought I had 2 ports in my 2015 model but am not sure now. It has been over a year since I had it. I thought one was in the glove box and the other on the dash, but that could be wrong. Sorry if I mislead anyone. When you get old, you will find out that memory fades as the years go by.

As a residential painting contractor people are always asking for a senior discount. When they do I give them a small piece of paper and I take one ... I write my birthday down and ask then to do the same on there paper. If they are older they get the discount---gave one last year and none this year. It's a fun way to settle the discussion.

• As a residential painting contractor people are always asking for a senior discount. When they do I give them a small piece of paper and I take one ... I write my birthday down and ask then to do the same on there paper. If they are older they get the discount---gave one last year and none this year. It's a fun way to settle the discussion.

Do you also make a bet, if you are the senior, you charge them more? :)

• Any Slingshot with Ride Command has an "amp trigger wire". It's not a separate wire to just hook into, it's used between the head unit and the amp. We make an adapter harness that has the amp wire and RCA plugs to be able to add extra amplifiers (it plugs in-between the head unit and amp).

Scott

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• You could also use a powered in line rca converter such as the LC2i. That unit is a bit overkill but there are cheaper powered converter out there.

As for the USB question. This is also present on the 2021. The usb is re-indexed every time the vehicle is powered on. This is a Polaris problem and folks should file a ticket with them. I have noticed that if you let it fully index then it does remember your drive. If you have a plethora of music on the drive this could take a while. If you go to the music screen then you can see the index in progress. Do not turn your sling off until the process is complete.