Shaved Nut

• LMAO! I see @Ross has taken his question to the dark side!

Okay Bro, here's my opinion:

First of all, the thinner outer nut has a torque spec of 150 lb-ft (inner nut is still 250 lb-ft, just like the original one nut setup - one hung low?! :D ). If you have a crow's foot style end on your torque wrench you would (wood? :D ) probably be okay. But you'd never be able to use (the preferred) 6 point socket on it. JMHO

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• that word gloryder through me off track for a sec....

"steve, what is a "glory-der?"

"thats glow-rider"

"oh....."
    :00008643:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• LMAO! I see @Ross has taken his question to the dark side!

Okay Bro, here's my opinion:

First of all, the thinner outer nut has a torque spec of 150 lb-ft (inner nut is still 250 lb-ft, just like the original one nut setup - one hung low?! :D ). If you have a crow's foot style end on your torque wrench you would (wood? :D ) probably be okay. But you'd never be able to use (the preferred) 6 point socket on it. JMHO

oh dude, @Ross.... you REALLY WAS serious...... so sorry. my apologies. no need to ask the dark side... Im sure someone has the answer here...

@rabtech ?

Steve has more tools than the local pep boys garage... but he had to go purchase a torque that tested 250 ft lbs and the socket just last week before ssits to check torque on ours...
    I am not mechanically inclined, but a nut that has been known to loosen on some of the slingshots, is not one i would want to file down, shave or round off... a better response would come from someone who actually installed the light kit you refer to on their slingshot as a how'd they do it...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• Hmm........shaved nuts, expanding shafts, gloryholes, pulleys, glowing riders......why the hell isn't this in the NSFW section....and with pics of course....thankyouverymuch!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi