Making my own M6 Thread

• First of all, I would like to say I will NEVER have the talent that some of my Slingshot brothers (and sisters Shirl and Erica), just to name a few have. However, I am currently working on a project with the roll hoops which is M6 thread. I have had a really hard time locally finding bolts, nuts, ect. for this. I have started making and cutting M6 thread out of stock round metal. I accomplishing this super super cheap. Cheaper than I can even buy the bolts for. The pics are not of M6 (its for another project I'm working on) but you get the idea. If anybody wants any tips or how to's pm me. If you're not in a hurry, just wait till the last weekend in September. I'm sure you will see me then. Well MACAWS I had to start making noise about Mayhem in the Mountains2 somewhere.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• If I have 3 or 4 days to wait for a part I just use Amazon and get a bulk pack of different sizes. I get tired of making the bolts/screws and spending an A$$ of money at the local Ace Hardware. Also if you have a Fastenal, now you can get bags of 5 or 6 items now.

• I don't know about Fastenal elsewhere but here I call it Fastennotmuch. In five occasions in two years they didn't ever seem to have what I need so I now boycott them.

If I have 3 or 4 days to wait for a part I just use Amazon and get a bulk pack of different sizes. I get tired of making the bolts/screws and spending an A$$ of money at the local Ace Hardware. Also if you have a Fastenal, now you can get bags of 5 or 6 items now.

I did get 25 M6 black acorn nuts from Amazon for like $6 bucks. Well worth the wait.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• 123hotdog can you please explain why we have to wait until September? It has been so long since we have had some good Mayhem anywhere I think we should plan on a few smaller practice events.

Have you tried Fastenal for hardware?

You don't have to ever wait for an invitation my friend. The door is always open. Just remember I a pansy in cold weather. It's the 55 fifty-five rule with me. If it's over 55 degrees, I'll do over 55 mph.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads