New Boss Audio Double-Din MARINE Radio MRCP9865A

• Frankie55 when you match and cut wires let me know what wires match to the slings wires and where u made the cuts. Pics would be great. I'm kinda ignorant on this stuff.

Copy will do, Looking to hook up the Scoche harness tomorrow and go from there. Looks like the front speaker wires change colors from the speaker connection. I may have to pull the front speakers and shoot the wires. I would think they would be on the plug marked "port B"? Of course not as easy as it would seem! :)

• I used this - https://smile.amazon.com/ICESP…-Dashboard/dp/B01NAMU8KY/, to mount a USB outlet in the glovebox connected to my radio. Keeps my USB music stick nice and dry. Lots of installation flexibility using the mount or just drill a hole on a panel and use the nut to hold it in place.

I snaked the cable behind the glovebox hinge and cut a little slot for the cable to feed into the radio area.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Amazing I thought this would be simple to find. It appears the front speaker wires change color as they travel from the speakers to the actual radio unit (not the face display?

Hoping someone out there has some experience in finding the connections I can tap into for the front speakers. This bundle is large and tight wrapped.

• My hearing test show my hearing is a negative 85db down and the best hearing aids I can get don't make music sound that great I will stick with the stock sound system in my 20R. It sounds ok to me.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Ok think I got it. Amp rca(2) output jacks to rca input Rin Lin on radio. Then how do I connect the speakers correctly? Apologies for so many posts on this.

I think you should have RCA pre-amp outputs on that radio you upgraded with. The issue comes in using RideCommand where it doesn't have those. In your case rca to amp, speakers wired to amp and should be good to go.

• That's where I play my music from 2015 sl.

Maybe I was thinking about the USB memory stick that came with radio-equipped Slingshots being meant for radio software upgrades.:/ My 2015 Base Slingshot didn't come with a USB port in the glovebox.

The XC2410 has 4 channels @ 50W RMS per channel at 4 Ohms impedance or 75W/Ch @ 2 OHMS impedance. Bridging two channels (both rear channels using Positive on 1 channel and Negative on the other) produces 150W RMS into a 4 Ohm load.

The XC2510 adds a subwoofer amp with around 300W RMS into 4 Ohms, IIRC

I'm going to try using my Roll Hoop speakers as my Front channels and bridge the 2 rear channels to power a UAS under-the-glovebox subwoofer enclosure to hopefully give me a little more legroom back and removing the speaker floor pods.

• Do you have that UAS under sub box already? I still have one with the JL subs... it hit and could hear it but didn't hit as hard as I wanted. Expensive to ship as heavy AF, but would make ya a great deal on it if you don't have one in hand already.

• Do you have that UAS under sub box already? I still have one with the JL subs... it hit and could hear it but didn't hit as hard as I wanted. Expensive to ship as heavy AF, but would make ya a great deal on it if you don't have one in hand already.

Sorry, bought one from another Slingshot owner. I plan on using my current JBL Stadium GTO620 speakers since they're super high Sensitivity 95dB to produce higher volume at lower power levels and have a Freq response starting at 45Hz to see if I need a separate subwoofer amp or if my 150W RMS bridged power output will be enough with these speakers. Figured it won't cost anything to find out if I need different speakers. I've thought about trying to fit a 6x9 subwoofer or seeing if I can somehow fit an 8" subwoofer.

• Frankie55 when you match and cut wires let me know what wires match to the slings wires and where u made the cuts. Pics would be great. I'm kinda ignorant on this stuff.

You’re not ignorant, you got a slingshot. It’s just that you are not as experienced in some things. We all can learn every day, and your time is coming.

Just Sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Received the parking brake bypass wire needed for the correct hook-up if using an android phone and connecting to android auto. I also needed an antenna extension, Note, It's not necessary to cut or alter any stock slingshot harness or accessory. The scosche 2014-up (not sure if up implies the 2nd generation) slingshot harness PL01CRTB is a plug and play into the stock harness.

The solder (or crimp) connections required run into the pin connector supplied with the boss receiver and the speakers are shown below. Also, if using and android phone showing the connections for the parking break bypass (also shown below). All the blue wires are for the front and rear speakers running directly to the speaker connections. I did not splice into the stock harness. I took apart the pods removed the harness and used spade connectors with new wire directly to the speakers. Hope this helps anyone.

Not shown the atenna hookup and microphone & backup hook-up. They are in the back of the stereo.

VV11B40

EricRedSL

The following pictures don't do justice. The garage LED light is on (It's actually light in the garage) and the overhead light is putting a glare on the screen, but it will give a general idea. backup camera, motorcycle in the left background.

Navigation, I need to adjust the settings.

Here's the tricky part. I don't know any way to preadjust the depth of the stereo in the cradle. It's too far forward. A major hassle. You can't put the shroud on first because you need to install the forward pushpins, the shroud blocks all access. The only solution I can think of is measuring the gap (I put the front pushpins in to get an accurate measurement. Then remove the cowling and adjust accordingly.

One more note. It's helpful to tie dental floss to the pushpins to avoid some choice words. You can cut off after the pins are set. You'll need long needle nose plyers for the install if you don't have

Hope this helps anyone accomplishing the set up! I'll be finishing up tomorrow.