Where does one find bulletins for the Slingshot

• are they putting on a deeper oil pan?

coincidence that the ecotek motor and the new Polaris motor would have oil consumption problems....

No new oil pan. Just a new dipstick and PCV fitting. We have had issues like this in aircraft engines where small amounts of oil would exit through the crankcase breather tube at high RPM. Oil tends to be thrown every where and it would be sucked down the breather. We just added a deflector to solve the problem. These engines seen to run about twice the RPM as an automobile so I would assume it is the same kind of problem. With automotive engines so reliable and less leaks we as a society have become complacent (me being one) in checking oil regularly Which would lead to engine failures. In aircraft we know there’s oil consumption and we check every flight.

Assuming again the added quart from 5 to 6 is a level of security. So if you do have some oil loss your not in the danger zone so quickly. Again going back to aircraft, mine for example would hold 8-9 quarts of oil, but our danger zone was 3-4 quarts. Our happy zone was to keep oil between 6-7 quarts.

• No new oil pan. Just a new dipstick and PCV fitting. We have had issues like this in aircraft engines where small amounts of oil would exit through the crankcase breather tube at high RPM. Oil tends to be thrown every where and it would be sucked down the breather. We just added a deflector to solve the problem. These engines seen to run about twice the RPM as an automobile so I would assume it is the same kind of problem. With automotive engines so reliable and less leaks we as a society have become complacent (me being one) in checking oil regularly Which would lead to engine failures. In aircraft we know there’s oil consumption and we check every flight.

Assuming again the added quart from 5 to 6 is a level of security. So if you do have some oil loss your not in the danger zone so quickly. Again going back to aircraft, mine for example would hold 8-9 quarts of oil, but our danger zone was 3-4 quarts. Our happy zone was to keep oil between 6-7 quarts.

2016 with 80,000+ and never have had a noticeable 'loss' in oil level. Stock OEM motor and light aggressive driving.

• too much oil can be an issue also.....and I would think If oil is splashing out adding more would increase the splashing....all Vehicles owners manuals warn of not over filling.

That is very true. I had a tractor once that was over service and I actually lost oil pressure due to splashing and putting air in the oil from the splashing, but I am sure the engine engineers who came up with the fix tested and considered the volume the engine can actually hold. Engineers always give themselves buffers.

BTW: My tractor was 3 quarts + over serviced. The guy servicing it read the manual and it had the wrong capacity listed. Next time he'll check the dipstick. :)