Got a K&N Filter - - - for my house

• Much like the swamp coolers my parents used when they moved to California. They worked in that dry air as the cooling comes from evaporation. Here in Florida they would just add to the humidity. Not that you can add anything to 100%. At least as it warms up durning the day it drops into the 80 percent range. 84 degrees and 82% right now at 10 oclock.

Anything that cools the air going across the unit makes a large difference

• Anything that cools the air going across the unit makes a large difference

the units with pre cooling I saw at the home show many years back actually used water to pre cool the return air - not the outside compressor unit - - I don't know exactly how it worked, but I suspect it had the water going through a coil system that the air passed over before the AC coils - - - At the time I thought it was an interesting idea, but also seemed like it created more opportunity for things to go wrong - - - anyway at this point it doesn't really matter - - haven't seen these systems in over 15 years and never known anyone who actually bought one so I suspect it was an idea that didn't take off

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just noticed this thread. We've used washable/vacuum-able metal/plastic filters in several houses. Our current house originally had two filters stacked one above the other in our air return and when we upgraded our AC system when we bought the house, they added a 3rd filter. We ordered a custom filter that fit in place of the two filters stacked one above the other and a third filter that fits in the new ceiling air intake. I wash them several times per year and then just give tham a good blow-out using my air compressor and/or shop-vac if they don't look like a wash is needed.