Sony XAV-AX7000 ??

• Anyone have the Sony XAV-AX7000 head unit in their slingshot?

I currently have a Kenwood DNX---- and the brightness is pumped all the way up and it 100% washes out in the sun, and the little sunshade doesn't help. It's also in no way water resistant. I hear the Sony is much better in both areas as it's generally made for Harleys.

• Anyone have the Sony XAV-AX7000 head unit in their slingshot?

I currently have a Kenwood DNX---- and the brightness is pumped all the way up and it 100% washes out in the sun, and the little sunshade doesn't help. It's also in no way water resistant. I hear the Sony is much better in both areas as it's generally made for Harleys.

I am using the Rockfordfosgate PMX marine radio

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• That's the shade I already have. Doesn't work for me.

Ouch. The Sony you are referencing is an automotive radio and you'll probably have the same problem. Perhaps a marine unit since it serves a similar (open cockpit vehicle) to the SS would perform better combined with that big sun shade of yours.

• Ouch. The Sony you are referencing is an automotive radio and you'll probably have the same problem. Perhaps a marine unit since it serves a similar (open cockpit vehicle) to the SS would perform better combined with that big sun shade of yours.

Actually this is one of the most used after-market radios on Harleys. I'm sure since motorcycle riders use it, it must have a screen that can be seen as they have told me. Since it is made for motorcyle applications, it also has weather resistant buttons.

• I bought a pioneer radio with nav for mine does anyone know what wiring on the speed sensor to use for the input for the speed to the navigation.

how many wires are on the speed sensor 2 or 3 and which wires can be used to input the signal for speed to the nav? Speed sensor in on the transmission.

I have a service manual but the speed sensor is not listed on the wiring diagrams. Help? has anyone done this ?

casper

• I have the pioneer avic 8200 in mines and installed a few in others , the same model and can't recall ever hooking up the speed sensor wire (not needed).....to use your navigation. ..... not sure which model pioneer you have but theres a way to bypass also to see videos without being in park....check youtube