New kit-based trike - What some say the Slingshot could have been

• looks very cool, but I am not seeing any of the lighting that would be required for it to be street legal - - just wondering how much more would need to be done to get one licensed or even if it could be licensed in some states

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• looks very cool, but I am not seeing any of the lighting that would be required for it to be street legal - - just wondering how much more would need to be done to get one licensed or even if it could be licensed in some states

Right now in Texas, I don't know if the state has gotten their heads out of their as... and fixed things so kit cars and home-builts can now be registered. A while back the state arbitrarily began revoking registrations they had granted, in some cases years after the vehicles were registered. I believe the original target was dune buggies with modified frames, but somehow, it appears just about all kit cars have gotten sucked into this mess. Rather odd since Texas offers several kit vehicle manufacturers, https://dfkitcar.com/ being the first I can think of (makers of the 324 conversion kit for the Slingshsot which is fortunately NOT a complete vehicle, so the state seems to be ignoring it, at least for now). I believe most states now have some registration process for home-built/kit cars, typically involvong stae inspection and certification of the candidate vehicle that then allows registration.