Searching for answers .......

• ...... someone i know who has a 17, still stock engine & exhaust is having coolant spit out of her overfill hose from the DDM resevior tank and its happened a few times, no engine lights, FAN DOES COME ON and runs to keep it around 90-100.........SHE is not sure what her problem is .......trying to see if anyone can lead me in the right direction to save her a trip to the dealer.........

• ...... someone i know who has a 17, still stock engine & exhaust is having coolant spit out of her overfill hose from the DDM resevior tank and its happened a few times, no engine lights, FAN DOES COME ON and runs to keep it around 90-100.........SHE is not sure what her problem is .......trying to see if anyone can lead me in the right direction to save her a trip to the dealer.........

Have her send some pictures of the installation to our tech line 864-907-6004, we have seen some people hook the coolant lines up incorrectly and cause that to happen.

• Check the radiator cap seal and tank seal flange. No warpage, cracks, debris, or otherwise that would prevent a positive seal.

Fluid level should be just above sight gauge but not to the rim of the cap flange. Need that little bit of an air chamber for a little expansion.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• True story...

When I swapped from the plastic tank to the DDM tank, I filled the tank as per instructions to just above the sight glass. Had no problems.

I have the Gen 1 tank with the flush sight glass. Every time I checked the tank, I had to grab a light source to see the fluid.

This past fall, I replaced the anti-freeze and burped the engine. Pressure checked the cap and system. All good.

When I filled the system this time, I only filled it to the half window level. Now I didn't need to grab a light. Went for a ride, pulled back into the driveway, and the system vented out the overflow. Topped it back to half window and same occurence twice more.

Found no other problems.

So, when all else fails, follow the directions...

Filled the tank to slightly above the sight gage, and no more overflows.

Maybe just a little more info to run with.

I be running a 2016 model. They may have reconfigured the steam return line on the 2017. Only thing that might make sense is the cap was venting like it should for pressure but the steam return line was blowing frothy due to the lower fluid level. Duhno...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• According to her it has happened a few times a one day, i informed her to wait til it cools down and check the tank the next day, she said it was empty , i told her to fill it up to the bottom of the site glass and she said it happened again.....ill have her take pics of the hoses.......

The cooling system is EMPTY or is not full. She will have to pull one of the top vent lines on the engine and fill the system. Then over a period of heat and cool cycles keep checking the tank level until you do not have to add any coolant. The system will be full. For those that have had Corvettes, on my 1967 it would take a week or two to get all of the air out of the cooling system before it would quit running hot

• Not sure who did her install but im hoping she takes the pics and gets in touch with DDM tech dept

Yes, please encourage her to do so. Occasionally we have a shop install the overflow onto the main body of the coolant tank, instead of the nipple under the radiator cap. When they do that, it will do almost exactly what she is experiencing. The system can't pressurize and coolant goes right out the overflow tube and onto the ground/engine.