Sparco steering wheel instructions 2882335?

• I just bought a Sparco wheel and adapter to go on my 2018 SL and the instructions did not come with it. They have also taken the product off of the polaris website. Just wanted a better look at how the adapter fits. The cutout is wider in one place and I thought the plug would fit there but there is also a notch on the back side of the adapter that has to be lined up with the rectangular hole in the clock spring. If you line the clock spring notch with the notch on the back side of the adapter the big plug will not match up with the elongated hole. thanks for any advice.

• I just bought a Sparco wheel and adapter to go on my 2018 SL and the instructions did not come with it. They have also taken the product off of the polaris website. Just wanted a better look at how the adapter fits. The cutout is wider in one place and I thought the plug would fit there but there is also a notch on the back side of the adapter that has to be lined up with the rectangular hole in the clock spring. If you line the clock spring notch with the notch on the back side of the adapter the big plug will not match up with the elongated hole. thanks for any advice.

Don't know where you bought products, but give the guys a http://www.SlingMods.com a call and they will be able to get you on the right tract.

• Thanks, I bought the sparco wheel and adapter off ebay from a dealer. It was new in the box but for some reason the instructions were missing. I looked on the polaris slingshot website and it shows the instructions for the Sparco shifter but the steering wheel is not on there anymore.

• neverenoughtime

Changed the title of the thread from “Sparco steering wheel instructions 288235?” to “Sparco steering wheel instructions 2882335?”.
  • no instructions needed, it is blonde proof.
    Make sure you center the wheel
    Take the old steering wheel by removing the large nut.
    Remove the wheel by pulling(I now use PB Blaster whenever I remove a stock wheel for the first time to break the tension)
    Insert the new Hub, make sure you don't jig it around as not to mess with the centering.
    attach the center nut and tighten it(I used blue thread locker for safety insurance)
    Attach your sparko wheel wire to the horn wires then attach the wheel to the hub.

Everything only goes one way and it is impossible to screw the order so one of the most straight forward installs as long as YOU don't break anything(clockspring comes to mind etc)

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Mark the center position on the steering shaft in case you move it. I would still advise taking it down the road to be sure it is centered before you tighten the steering nut. JUST FAR ENOUGH DOWN THE ROAD TO BE SURE. IT IS NOT TIGHT YET

• Thanks for all the info. I emailed Polaris this morning and they immediately emailed the instructions. Was not too bad but you have to be careful because the Polaris adapter is not flat on the back side like the other adapters , it has a raised rectangular notch that has to line up with the rectangular hole in the clock spring. Other than that I am ready to install the Sparco shifter that came in today. Quilted comfort seats should be here Tuesday.