Memorial Day Ride

• Driving down Highway 49 near Placerville, I passed a fellow SS member! The first time ever I"ve seen someone else - so terrific!

So, I drove my SS on a seven hour journey to celebrate a friends birthday. We drove the SS around Bass Lake, and made a ton of kids happy when we waved and honked at them,etc. Fielded a TON of questions the whole weekend, but it was fun.

On the way home I stopped at Bass Pro for a little a/c break. It was 100 degrees outside, and my legs were roasting with the heat of the engine. As I was leaving, two boys came up to me and started asking me questions about my SS. The mom ran over to stop them "from bothering me" which they weren't. I told her to let them get in and take their picture---the one kid had on a batman shirt, so I knew it would be a cute picture. They boys were squealing, they were so excited. Mom took the picture, said I must be in a hurry, thanked me, made sure the boys thanked me. Then their two sisters came over to see what was going on, and had this look of disappointment, like they'd missed out-too late. I said HEY, girls need to get a photo too! and the Mom looked so relieved, the girls squealed (like little girls do) and jumped in for a photo - very respectfully! Then when Mom was done with the photo, the littlest one got out and came over to thank me with a big hug. Oh man, it was such a silly thing, letting them sit in it was such a small thing, but they were out of their minds happy, and that was worth it. Yes, it can be a pain when you want to get somewhere fast, and someone at the gas station wants to know about your ride, but what a great feeling to do something nice for a little person - no little kid ever gave me a hug for having a Toyota. So worth it!

• Driving down Highway 49 near Placerville, I passed a fellow SS member! The first time ever I"ve seen someone else - so terrific!

So, I drove my SS on a seven hour journey to celebrate a friends birthday. We drove the SS around Bass Lake, and made a ton of kids happy when we waved and honked at them,etc. Fielded a TON of questions the whole weekend, but it was fun.

On the way home I stopped at Bass Pro for a little a/c break. It was 100 degrees outside, and my legs were roasting with the heat of the engine. As I was leaving, two boys came up to me and started asking me questions about my SS. The mom ran over to stop them "from bothering me" which they weren't. I told her to let them get in and take their picture---the one kid had on a batman shirt, so I knew it would be a cute picture. They boys were squealing, they were so excited. Mom took the picture, said I must be in a hurry, thanked me, made sure the boys thanked me. Then their two sisters came over to see what was going on, and had this look of disappointment, like they'd missed out-too late. I said HEY, girls need to get a photo too! and the Mom looked so relieved, the girls squealed (like little girls do) and jumped in for a photo - very respectfully! Then when Mom was done with the photo, the littlest one got out and came over to thank me with a big hug. Oh man, it was such a silly thing, letting them sit in it was such a small thing, but they were out of their minds happy, and that was worth it. Yes, it can be a pain when you want to get somewhere fast, and someone at the gas station wants to know about your ride, but what a great feeling to do something nice for a little person - no little kid ever gave me a hug for having a Toyota. So worth it!

Awesome story!! Thank you so much for sharing with the fam!!