Dealing with Polaris customer service and parts.

• After 2 months I finally placed an order today for a simple interior accent kit. Saying it was a pain in the ass is an understatement. Do others have the same experience? Is it always like this??

I did end up getting what I needed and "free" shipping,

So here is the story, not that exciting, but more or less typing out a few months of frustration.

I wanted to get the "Navy Blue" Interior accent kit since they now jack you and don't include it in the SL model. I saw it long ago before I purchased mine and knew it was going to be an add on at a later date. Well that date arrived and I went to go order. I was not able to find it at any of the parts retailers. So I decided to call the Mothership and see what was up. They told me they did not have any in stock and would not have any. I asked if it was discontinued and no one could tell me yes or no. I continued to look around on Ebay and other legit Polaris parts places. So I finally called Polaris back after the continued runaround in the email (10 of them) with the resolution tech. I finally got someone who actually cared! What they found and told me was if parts are not ordered for a while, then are removed from the website automatically ( not sure how this even makes any sense if you actually want to sell the product). Not only does it remove it from the website it goes into some special place that does not show it in stock unless you are looking at a different report. They finally found it and said they told the dept responsible to add it back to the website. I was told it would show up in 1 hour to 7 business days. I wait 5 days and call back again to ask. I actually got the same lady who helped me before and she got the responsible party on the phone and had her add it right then. A day later I see it listed when searching for it by part #. It still does not show where you get to see all the pretty pictures. I figured since it was collecting dust in a warehouse I could barter for a discount. That lasted about 30 seconds when it was clear I was not going to get a discount (worst they can say is no). I did actually get a voucher to cover the shipping, so that was nice.

I guess I am typing this so if you need to get parts, but do not see it on the website they may still have it. Was a fooking headache, but I finally found what I was looking for. 8o

• The only experience I've had with polaris parts was through my wife. Her and the kids decided to get me the pearl white grill and belt guard cover with a shirt and hat for father's day last year. While I was super excited when I opened everything you could see the frustration on her face. Afterwards she told me that they were horrible to deal with. Something about it was supposed to be free shipping due to being over a certain amount however since they were two different packages shipping from two different locations she had to pay shipping on both. When she called about it they tried to cancel one of the packages to activate the free shipping on the other. I don't remember how it all worked out other than it all got there and she told me "happy fathers day, never again will I deal with polaris, next time your giving me access to your slingmods account!"

Glad it all worked out for you though. It's frustrating to know what you want and be set on it and then it not be there. That's what I ran into here recently when I decided I wanted to go with the alpha cai and then they weren't available and alpha went mia.

• So I guess those parts take up too much site space?

Can’t sell something nobody knows you have. Wonder why they don’t get enough requests?

Their explanation was that the navy blue is a rare color... hahaha.... ok

The only experience I've had with polaris parts was through my wife. Her and the kids decided to get me the pearl white grill and belt guard cover with a shirt and hat for father's day last year. While I was super excited when I opened everything you could see the frustration on her face. Afterwards she told me that they were horrible to deal with. Something about it was supposed to be free shipping due to being over a certain amount however since they were two different packages shipping from two different locations she had to pay shipping on both. When she called about it they tried to cancel one of the packages to activate the free shipping on the other. I don't remember how it all worked out other than it all got there and she told me "happy fathers day, never again will I deal with polaris, next time your giving me access to your slingmods account!"

Glad it all worked out for you though. It's frustrating to know what you want and be set on it and then it not be there. That's what I ran into here recently when I decided I wanted to go with the alpha cai and then they weren't available and alpha went mia.

Too bad as this seems to be the norm everytime I have spoken to them

Contact info for the lady that helped you out?

Nicole from the customer service side. They are not allowed to give contact info and last names.

Probably so you can't hunt them down after the disappointment.