DIY Isolated Trailer harness

• I used Novita RL44 Relays. Here's my quick and dirty schematic. Note the difference as you know for the Brake portion. I tapped into the wire harnesses to each set of rear tail lights, so I listed the pin numbers for the wires off those plugs. I'm running a 5 wire harness as it supplies 12v to the trailer for internal lighting. I have a Escapade Trailer that I pull.

If someone has the 'T' connectors (part numbers) or connectors/partnumbers to build a 'T' and where to get them to tap into the Slingshot harness that would make this even cleaner and easier as I couldn't locate them when I did mine.

• First off thank you SlingJockey for this post. I am thinking about getting a trailer for a long trip this summer but wiring for the trailer has me scared off. I have looked at the plug and play from slingmods but you have to take all the back panels off to wire it plus its 160 bucks. I know nothing about wiring at all except splice and go lol. When I put a hitch on a car and on my Goldwing I just tapped into the wires that went into the lights. My question is, can this be done on the Slingshot also? I can get the plug and wires for around 20 bucks at an autozone. Will it cause problems just tapping into the lights? Thank you

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• You can't just tap in to the wires like other vehicles. The brake light system is a positive ground and your trailer is a negative ground system so the relays @SlingJockey indicates are needed. Plus replacing the brake switch is desirable because it is a magnetic switch that will burn up with the extra load on it.
    I have not seen slingjockey on the forum for a while. I can help if needed.

• I used the harness that Cyclespings provides... worked like a champ, but you do have to remove the rear panel. Not sure you're going to get around that. It's really not that difficult. I've taken that sucker off and back on so many times I've got it down to about 5 minutes.

• Slolane, the hitch we bought came with the CANBUS friendly harness. So depending on what hitch you buy it may work itself out!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• I installed everything with no problem in about 4 hours start to finish. I used the harness from slingmods everything worked great. Now I just need to find a trailer lol.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels