I took GOD for a ride yesterday

• Pulling of of the local park you have a 4 lane to get on...looking right there is a slight crest on the road which makes it impossible to tell which lane oncoming traffic is in....I looked left and didn't see anyone coming real close....so as I'm trying to judge which lane right side traffic is in and which lane I want to shoot for...I pulled out and started my turn toward the left only to have a car barreling down on me at least 50 MPH from the left in the passing lane...

I missed the shift. The motor must have redlined because I had it floored....horn started blaring and I headed for the berm on my right.... Our vehicles passed within 20 feet..... Now I don't know if you realize this but if we get t-boned we probably won't survive because there is absolutely nothing high enough on our side to stop a speeding vehicle.

Strangely I didn't feel anything after it was over...no excitement, no shakes, no nothing...just felt stupid for not paying more attention......it was clearly my fault because I didn't see the other vehicle until I was in their lane....

GOD likes slingshots.... :thumbsup: Say your prayers nightly...keep your eyes open and look both ways more often

• Glad you are ok. Lesson learned on that one. I tell everyone that asks that you have to treat the Slingshot with more respect than a motorcycle - in the rain or with viability - traction sucks and no matter how unique we are lower than many motorcycles with a rider. Glad you are safe - stay that way

• @Ross that is one thing I rarely hear mentioned. The low stance and how it affects driving the SS. There are many "crests' around where I live. On a bike, my 4x4 truck.... even the car, I can see over the crests and tell if it's safe to pass. The SS sits so low, it's tough to tell on many of them. The same goes for pulling out onto a busy street. It's not bad as long as the line of sight is decent, but many times because of how low we sit, it's just not there.

• Well, I say it's my fault for two reasons..1 because I didn't look both ways good enough... And 2 when you enter traffic and go with the traffic on your side in other wards if I had made a right turn... anyone hitting me would be at fault ...the reason is you didn't have control of your vehicle...if I, making the left pull out and you hit me it's my fault....had it happen years ago an old lady did exactly as I did and the police faulted her because she was crossing traffic...