Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Do you have an example? The wall isn't one, because they were "for 700 miles" of wall before, not covering the whole boarder.

To reiterate, Pelosi calling Trumps wall "immoral" was pure stupidity.

but they never funded or built the 700 miles and now the funding trump is asking for according to the DHS will only build about 215 miles of which only about 100 miles would actually be new

Trump is asking for much less money wise that what they said they supported would have cost

like I said - - it is all political BS - - if it were Hillary asking for the funding the Dems would be behind it 100% - - and you know it

Seriously can you honestly say you believe the Democrats in congress would still be against this if Hillary were president?

also in full disclose if Hillary were president the Republicans would be doing exactly what the democrats are doing - - both sides are equally bad INHO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A quick Google search found this.

"Mr Trump has said his wall will cover 1,000 miles, with natural obstacles protecting the rest of the border."

I guess a "natural" obstacle would be miles and miles of scorching hot desert with no food and water available. But hell, even birds and animals need to eat, so don't let that stop them from trying.

you need to google a bit more - in much of California and Arizona they have actually installed emergency water stations so that the illegal border crosser wont die

• Edward Neal if it is truly for 100 miles and not the 1000 -1200 miles +1000 or 800 naturally blocked by 300' cliffs and mountains as has been reported for years. I don't we why either side is so stuck in their position. It obviously wouldn't cover the whole accessible boarder so the Republican voters aren't getting what they were promised. It is also only a small section that in the grand scheme it makes no sense for theDems or Republicans to the up the government over it.

• Edward Neal if it is truly for 100 miles and not the 1000 -1200 miles +1000 or 800 naturally blocked by 300' cliffs and mountains as has been reported for years. I don't we why either side is so stuck in their position. It obviously wouldn't cover the whole accessible boarder so the Republican voters aren't getting what they were promised. It is also only a small section that in the grand scheme it makes no sense for theDems or Republicans to the up the government over it.

I been all around down in the Rio Grand Valley quite a bit and there are 100’s of square miles with just rattlers, scorpions, and tarantulas whereby no human could cross. The idea is to put up enough barrier (wall if Trump supporter) to funnel illegals to choke points where they can be easily managed. With a combination of drones, barriers and border patrol agents nothing would be absolute but WAY better than what we have now ... just ask Boomer (chime in please) who lives in Laredo, TX !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

If people, republicans or democrats, are getting what they voted for is an important question, but it is a separate issue than what I am trying to point out

The Democrats voted for and said they supported 700 miles of wall. That 700 miles has never been funded or built.

Now we have Trump demanding 5.7 or 5.8 billion dollars to fund "a wall" 5.8 billion is far less than what the 700 miles would cost that the Democrats voted for and said they support

So why are they now against funding something smaller than what they said they supported? You only have 2 possible answers either they lied when they said they wanted 700 miles of wall and never planned on funding it - or they just don't want it to happen when Trump can take credit

now don't get me wrong - both sides do the same crap - they pretend to support things for political reasons knowing full well they wont really have to do them

this is the problem with all of them - - - they lie, make excuses and play these kinds of games to make the other side look bad or like they failed and basically say F - U to what the people want

As a side note you didnt address my question - do you honestly believe that if Hillary were president they wouldn't give her the 5.8?

can you in all honestly tell me you dont think that this is purely political gamesmanship to keep trump from being able to say he kept his promises?

• I been all around down in the Rio Grand Valley quite a bit and there are 100’s of square miles with just rattlers, scorpions, and tarantulas whereby no human could cross. The idea is to put up enough barrier (wall if Trump supporter) to funnel illegals to choke points where they can be easily managed. With a combination of drones, barriers and border patrol agents nothing would be absolute but WAY better than what we have now ... just ask Boomer (chime in please) who lives in Laredo, TX !!

this is what I find interesting - some people say this is a bad idea because it wont stop everything - - to me that is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard - how many laws are there that stop everything? how many security systems are there that can stop everything?

requiring perfection is a BS excuse and frankly I think it is an immoral excuse - - if a barrier / wall can cut the crime and drugs and the human trafficking enough to save one life I think it is worth it. And if you are against saving that one life for political reasons - - - the term "scum" comes to mind

• What do you think? Just so you know where I stand you should know that I am a Christian - so do you think Christians should get upset about this?

AP19014545393392.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

it is supposed to be a statement about peoples cult like worship of capitalism

link

Personally I think getting upset is silly - As a Christian it drives me nuts when I see non Christians getting all upset because of a cross on a hill or some other thing they might see that they think promotes the Christian faith - Seriously if you dont like it just ignore it

So thats exactly how I see this "art" - if you are a Christian and you dont like it - ignore it

And if you are going to bitch about it then you better not get all pissy when the non Christians don't like your cross

• this is what I find interesting - some people say this is a bad idea because it wont stop everything - - to me that is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard - how many laws are there that stop everything? how many security systems are there that can stop everything?

requiring perfection is a BS excuse and frankly I think it is an immoral excuse - - if a barrier / wall can cut the crime and drugs and the human trafficking enough to save one life I think it is worth it. And if you are against saving that one life for political reasons - - - the term "scum" comes to mind

I agree 100% - the only ones that you will truly have to worry about will be ones that are truly coming across for nefarious reasons - after all banks are pretty secure and yet they are robbed all the time.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I agree 100% - the only ones that you will truly have to worry about will be ones that are truly coming across for nefarious reasons - after all banks are pretty secure and yet they are robbed all the time.

this is what I find interesting - some people say this is a bad idea because it wont stop everything - - to me that is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard - how many laws are there that stop everything? how many security systems are there that can stop everything?

Damn calling all gun rights activists "scum". Bold move on this thread. They have fought the, "if it saves one life argument a lot". Had to quote your "100%" agreement for posterity Bill.8o^^

As for those that say don't build it because it won't stop everything being dumb. That is why I don't make that argument. I argue it won't stop hardly any. They will just go to the next opening, causing that town to say they had a surge. All the while the town that got the wall praises it and says how great walls work. They will keep going around it.

• Since we're on dumbest arguments. Comparing the border wall to a residential wall is among the dumbest things I've ever heard. Let me help those that make that argument stop making it and looking foolish.

There are billions of homes and businesses in the USA. There is one(1) USA southern border. A wall around a piece of property is merely a deterrent, which works fairly well because there are billions more easier targets. There is only one(1) US southern border. They aren't going to the neighbors country because you put up a wall.

• I argue it won't stop hardly any. They will just go to the next opening

That is why he wants 1,000 miles of barrier. So the next opening will be at the edge of a cliff, or in the middle of the desert, or where a border guard is sitting with a gun.

And evidence shows when it was built in Cali, it dropped illegal crossings around 90% where there was a border.

So it is good enough for me.

And we could stop that other 10% with just a couple of head shots and time for word to spread.

• That is why he wants 1,000 miles of barrier. So the next opening will be at the edge of a cliff, or in the middle of the desert, or where a border guard is sitting with a gun.

And evidence shows when it was built in Cali, it dropped illegal crossings around 90% where there was a border.

So it is good enough for me.

And we could stop that other 10% with just a couple of head shots and time for word to spread.

I'm not against the wall, I'm just against the billion dollars it will cost for the signs that get put on the fence calling it Trumps wall. Ya know he's gonna do it. :P

• No we shouldn't.

On your Hillary in office wall passing question.

Dems probably would have proposed it while Obama was President if they wanted more wall, but to your question...Hell yeah, Dems would be for the wall if Hillary wanted it. Much like some Republicans going along even though they don't think we need a wall. That is what always annoys me most on these things. Individual people that tow the party line even if it goes against what they believe.

With this Trump wall debate. I am sure there are Democrat Senators and Congresspeople that are for the wall, but don't speak their mind and will vote against it because they don't want to rock the party boat. The reverse is true for Republicans. Shame on those people. We shouldn't have robots in office.

• Bought and paid for robots, who dah thought we'd be voting for robots feeding at the trough... Our government is trying to destroy itself and their doing a very good job of it. Now let's all get out there and continue voting for them so we can help them destroy us too.

• i-cCPRvQD.png