Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Hey @Bill Martin, can I pick your legal brain?

Does anything in the election of a Senator constitute a written or unwritten but understood contract between a Senator and his constiuents?

I ask because one of my Senators happens to be boycotting his duties in the Finance Committee, and I want to see if I have any legal options as a constituent.

Yes, I am serious, and no I'm not kidding. If I don't go to work, I get fired. They are responsible to the taxpayers so do your f-ing job. Maybe I could make it a class action suit.....

• Although I never specialized in Constitutional Law this one is pretty easy - in a word NO. They take a vow to uphold the Constitution same as the military. Seems like they should be held to a higher standard but sadly no.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Although I never specialized in Constitutional Law this one is pretty easy - in a word NO. They take a vow to uphold the Constitution same as the military. Seems like they should be held to a higher standard but sadly no.

Yeah, I figured that's what you were going to say. Looked at the oath to see if there was an easy connection, just wondering if there were any legal workarounds. I'm a little cranky.

• Good job President Trump on Supreme Court Justice nominee Neal Gorsuch. I have followed his work for the last 20 years and he is a conservative who is honest and has integrity beyond reproach. IMO what I been sayin from WAY back - this is what this election was all about!!

• Good job President Trump on Supreme Court Justice nominee Neal Gorsuch. I have followed his work for the last 20 years and he is a conservative who is honest and has integrity beyond reproach. IMO what I been sayin from WAY back - this is what this election was all about!!

It's a good thing Trump got his nomination in before the 36 month "lame duck" deadline. Though with the partisan direction Washington has been going, Trump may be a "lame duck" 30 months in. :D

• It's a good thing Trump got his nomination in before the 36 month "lame duck" deadline. Though with the partisan direction Washington has been going, Trump may be a "lame duck" 30 months in. :D

LAME DUCK????? He has 7 years, 11 months, and 2 weeks left to straighten out this liberal mess!!! :00008172:

• ^^^ :00008356::00008172:

I wish the Democrats wouldn't be as petty as the Republicans were during Obama's presidency. Mitch McConnell: "We need to vote No on everything. We will make him a do nothing President. We will not allow a Democrat to pick a Supreme Court Justice". They need to do their jobs. When each side is seeking revenge(blocking any progress) rather than doing their jobs, we all suffer.

• ^^^ :00008356::00008172:

I wish the Democrats wouldn't be as petty as the Republicans were during Obama's presidency. Mitch McConnell: "We need to vote No on everything. We will make him a do nothing President. We will not allow a Democrat to pick a Supreme Court Justice". They need to do their jobs. When each side is seeking revenge(blocking any progress) rather than doing their jobs, we all suffer.

I fully agree @WOLF - the people want change (only way you can explain Trump) so to really effect change we are (both sides) start throwing out these political hacks that just vote NO to everything cause the opposing side wants it. Time to put the country first ahead of political agenda. Just like the Dems are already tryin to smear Gosuch - I challenge them to put up a smarter or more honorable guy. After all - he is up to replace a conservative judge - it's not like they are waking up Ruth Ginsberg to replace her...yet

• I know @Orangeman . I said "both sides" do it. They both seek revenge and justify it with "they did it". Am I suppose to list every single example through history? They BOTH suck, BOTH are failing at their jobs, BOTH are petty......

BOTH: 1.
    used to refer to two people or things, regarded and identified together.
    "both his parents indulged him ;)

• I don't understand the Democrats. They raised over $1.1 Billion to try and get Hilary elected. If they would have chosen any other candidate who was not far left, they would have cleaned up. They picked their candidate and spent a lot of money.
    Now post election, they continue to throw money away. If Soros really cared about what the Womens March was about he would have used the $90 million to privately fund women's health programs.
    I have a problem seeing the money thrown away that could be used to further their cause. It is amazing that since the election the Clinton Foundation intake has dried up. If it was truly there for what they preached (not to buy influence) the money would have kept comming in.
    SMOKE AND MIRRORS
    Don't cry Dems, you paid for what you received.