Gauges Fuse keeps blowing?

• I had my recall done a few weeks ago, i drove it to the dealership a two and half hour drive. set my cruise and no problems. got the recall done hit the interstate set cruise and about 20 minuets later lost all gauges and radio. got off at the next exit, checked all my other lights they were good. bought fuses and replaced all good. about an hour from home fuse blew again. replaced made it home good. okay went to little rock the other day for my military thing and fuse blew again lost radio and gauges. I am not sure why my radio stops working when it blows. i have an aftermarket radio the shark motorcycle radio. so i figured on the way back home ill do some trouble shooting. took out the cubby thinking the radio is getting hot so let some air in and didn't use cruise on the way back. almost home and the fuse blew again. IS ANYBODY having this issue or know what is causing it. i will be calling the dealership this week. This is getting frustrating. Any help Please

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I don't know your sequence of events. That would be detective work by you. How does the radio play in with the time of recall? You obviously have a circuit grounding out. Something is going to ground. If you didn't have a problem before the recall work, then something got scuffed or pinched during the work. What recall work did you have done? This will give you a place to start. I would stop operation til the problem is located. You don't want to fry a wiring harness or worse. With more info we as a group may be able to help you out. Do contact your dealer to get the ball rolling toward repair and their recommendation for further operation.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I don't know your sequence of events. That would be detective work by you. How does the radio play in with the time of recall? You obviously have a circuit grounding out. Something is going to ground. If you didn't have a problem before the recall work, then something got scuffed or pinched during the work. What recall work did you have done? This will give you a place to start. I would stop operation til the problem is located. You don't want to fry a wiring harness or worse. With more info we as a group may be able to help you out. Do contact your dealer to get the ball rolling toward repair and their recommendation for further operation.

The radio was installed months before the recall was done. as far as i know it was the four recalls i had the swing arm, fuel line, brakes and steering. I will be doing more trouble shooting and pulling the radio out and re do it and see what happens next.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• It's possible a radio power feed has chaffed.
    But, the last hands on work was recalls. Check battery cables including the battery ground to frame bolt for looseness. Then look at the harnessess around the master cylinder and lower end of the steering column, they could have nicked a wire. In the radius areas that a wrench could have pinched a wire.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

I would check to see if any of your radio or speaker wires where entangled with harness leading to the diagnostics plug under gauge console ..

I have seen shop guys reach under there, un-clip it from its keeper, and just yank on it it to get some slack ....

Could have easily grated a wire on the pass-through in the bodywork ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......