What does my turbo need in order to work properly and more effieciently?

• Just a worry wart, and curious.. for first time turbo owner (its my car, not the slingshot, but I assume the same applys)
    Twin turbo, does not have a BOV, it is recirculated back into the air intake... (want a bov, and cai, though) and ... oil catch can.... necessary? Or is it a completely useless/unnessary addition? How do I maintain it? @rabtech, your the king of engine modifications.... suggestions from all appreciated.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• its a '16 manual 6 speed ( tech package) hyundai veloster. Just clicked 6000 miles. I had read the debated slingshot oil catch can threads from DS long ago, but of course, youtube has a few vids of ppl who actually show the can with oil in it.. so i wondered. The motor takes alot of what i consider abuse just because she drives interstate for 40 miles twice a day monday thru friday, and sometimes when accelerating, really putting my foot in it...say, entering on ramps or what not, there is a small surge, like shes choking on gas or something.. there was also a video on this very issue, same car where someone said the problem was inside the air breather box where it has a magnetic closure on the intake door. When you accelerate, the door is pushed open. He said it doesnt open a whole lot, and the magnet kept it latching and unlatching itself, causing the surge. He said he removed the magnet so the door has free movement, and the surge quit.. i have not touched it, just simply because.... if it wasnt needed, why was it put there...? Also, im pretty sure it was designed to keep debri from being sucked into a loosely secured vacuum door?? They have their own forum... i joined up, but nobody has posted there in over a year... these models first hit dealers in 2012 and the last posts on that forum was discussing the upcoming new release of the 16's And i didnt get this car til october of 16, it had 102 miles on odometer. Seems their forum ran out of gas!
    So i appreciate any info given, even though this isnt really a slingshot issue.. :|

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• ha! If all else fails...
    Airoutlaw actually disconnected the blow back hose from the intake hose and it "pssts", but hyundai recirculates their blow off back into intake... :thumbdown: i want to hear it.