I'm glad I have health insurance but I have a question for yall....

• Before me and my wife got married she didn't have health care. She would go to Chiro practor. It would be 25 cash each time she went. We got married and my insurance covers Chiro practor care. They would bill the insurance 85 for each of us. Same care as before. When she asked the Secretary her response was what does it matter not a dimes coming out of your pocket. My father in law who always been self insured fractured his leg a couple years ago. So I go up to clinic to meet him up there. Well yep fracture have to have walking boot. Before anything he said what exactly are you going to do and what are you planning to give me medication wise. So after going through the list of things they were going to do. He refused things like pain meds, he refused to change into hospital gown, they brought in crutches he said don't even take the plastic off I got some at home. He wouldn't even take there walking boot because his dad had one from a couple years ago. I can't quite remember what else he refused but you get the picture. When we checked out he scrutinised the bill eliminating some other odds and ends. By the time we left not only did he not file with his crappy self insured insurance. But he paid like 600 out the door. I was amazed how he negotiated his bill. Sorry about the long post.

• @AllIn5450 Sorry to hear about your issue. Hope it heals up sooner than projected. I don't know what insurance you carry or the specifics of your policy.

At work we have a choice between HAP HMO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield(bc/bs) HMO, and BC/BS PPO. Most shyed away from the PPO because of the higher Copay. When I read the contracts I saw what many didn't. "If in-network it is the doctors discretion to charge a Co-Pay." None of mine ever do, sure the 20 for a visit but nothing on other services. It is in there best interest not to charge you, If they know, you know they don't have to. You could go elsewhere if they charge, so they don't.

If your policy has that line in it. It may help to remind your doctor you know it's there. ;)

• It has always amazed me at the level of medical treatment people get by the insurance they carry or lack there of. I have excellent insurance. I had 2 kids 1st kid 35,000 didn't see a bill second kid 27,000 didn't see a bill. My niece who doesn't have any insurance could only go to a certain hospital she's on some Indiana welfare insurance. Her bill to the state was 2,000. Of course she didn't pay a thing. My grandpa who just passed had excellent long term care through his retirement. They did everything possible to keep him alive. My aunt who just passed last week. She was diagnosed and sent home same day. She lived a month. Grampa who had great insurance they keep him going for 2 years.

• That explains a lot Robert. At first I thought it was for blood work for YOU and wondered why ANY doctor who really knows you would bother having that done. Anyone who knows you, knows that your blood is 5w30 Mobil One. Wasting time and money to have that confirmed is a waste of valuable mod monies

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE