Trouble shooting lean condition with Hahn turbo system

• Aftermarket turbo setup not setup for high horsepower. That makes zero sense to me but to each their own. If it can't flow and make power, that means it's flow dynamics at low power are awful too. Working hard but not doing much beneficial work.

Dave, I need to talk to you soon about Pete's motor, finishing up the EFR setup above right now for Bob and the Bullet Concepts guys and then I'll be into his monster.

@FFShawn maybe it's just me, but you are coming off a bit harsh. All of us here consider each other brothers and we help each other out as much as possible and don't judge. To each his own. I have looked at your site and you all do some amazing work, but why call 300 HP "so 1999" instead of offering some practical solutions? Not to mention many of us do not have the means or desire to push the envelope. I'm right at 400 HP and it is my daily driver. The only thing I am looking for is a smoother more predictable power curve. Please forgive me if I took your comments the wrong way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Polaris Slingshot Info mobile app

• @Street Doc

My apologies if you took it that way, I am harsh, always, but to say it's not intended for high power it's ok is not an acceptable answer to me. If it doesn't flow more than 400hp than it is designed and engineered incorrectly. It may be fine as most people keep at low power for stock engines but if it's inefficient enough that power drop (flow) arises at such early levels then it's still inefficient at even 2psi and is working much harder than it should be, and making more heat and restriction than necessary. Heat and restriction in a turbo car are big negatives, and the reason things blow up. Just my 2 cents. Rabtech mentioned that it's partially because of the log manifold, I've built a ton of i6 BMW's with log manifolds making 800whp+ so that's no excuse either. I can weld so I can build a turbo setup, that's what it sounds like to me. I have an exceptionally high standard I know, and anything less than optimized and efficient is straight unacceptable in my shop. There's one thing being a dick and not knowing your stuff, but I call things out as I see it, nothing wrong with honesty and truth IMO. You are welcome to see it as you wish.

Wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings. Usually the truth hurts however =)

-Shawn-

• The set ups that were designed and sold were meant to be around 300hp using a stock LE9 motor and to keep the price down. So what can you offer, at a decent price, that will help those people? Someone running a header like this?

• I knew you were not being a dick. But I have seen your work... Most of these guys have not seen your work. You should post some of the things you have done in this forum. It has been a while so even I would like to see some of this work again. And I know we talked about the intake a while back. I am not broke but I have no more money to throw at the slingshot. If you want to send an intake and let me try it out I will. Just sayin :) .... you can send that to DDM directly and I will arrange a dyno day with them. Would be interested in seeing what that would do. It might even get some publicity.

• That header needs transition into the turbo flange, have never see the inside of one but assuming its not a radius or smooth transition from the body of the manifold into the turbo flange. I would start there, air can't make 90* turns, it does typically follow a smooth surface so the more radius and transition into the turbo, the better this header will be.

• @MACAWS @rabtech I know of a setup good for 600whp out of the box ;)

Wait did someone promise me 600 hp
    where do I sign

I will do anything but paint it white to get more power!
    I only want to see a white sling in the rear view mirror (but I want it to be very small)

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I still say you need to send me one of those. :-)

Just a few clicks and it's yours ;) Fab Factory Billet Intake Manifold

Free99 doesn't keep the doors open unfortunately!

If you've got the motor for it, my setup will do it. Smaller back housing that I use now will tap out somewhere near 600whp, then we switch to a bigger a/r and keep going =)

• I know it takes money to keep the doors open. I don't blame ya for hanging on to it. I will have to keep what I have now. It's doing pretty good. It looks great though.

I was just curious.... did you ever dyno your setup and get some numbers on it. I know @Shack was driving it around but I never got to see how much power it actually made... If you took some video of it performing you should upload it to YouTube and post a link here

• I know it takes money to keep the doors open. I don't blame ya for hanging on to it. I will have to keep what I have now. It's doing pretty good. It looks great though.

I was just curious.... did you ever dyno your setup and get some numbers on it. I know @Shack was driving it around but I never got to see how much power it actually made... If you took some video of it performing you should upload it to YouTube and post a link here

No never dyno'd it before he sold it, it was multiple lengths faster than an Alpha Stage 2 with my setup on 8psi and out spooled it by almost 800rpm. Not bad for a turbo that's 25-30% bigger. It's just flow, no biggie ;)

• Appreciate the love, I'll try to make a thread of some of my other work in a more appropriate sub section!

Hey Shawn you really have to come and play with us. you make some of the coolest stuff and no one know just what it can do.
    Just think of all the evil horse power we could make if we all played in the same sand box!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hey Shawn you really have to come and play with us. you make some of the coolest stuff and no one know just what it can do.Just think of all the evil horse power we could make if we all played in the same sand box!

Damn @MACAWS I know you want to be the HP king but this kind of butt kissing is making me sick... I need to go throw up... :D