"Brake Failure" light on dash issue

• Has anyone had the "Brake Failure" light on their dash come on and stay on? My "Brake Failure" light started coming on and off at different times. Now it seems like it is on from when I start up the Sling and does not go out. My brakes seem fine, they stop fine, the fluid is fine, and I don't see any leaks. Is this a gage/sensor issue. Bad part? or sign of a serious problem. I am an 1 1/2 hours from dealer and it is in the middle of winter here, so I won't be going to the dealer until spring for the recalled swingarm. Any ideas? Thanks

• Not a quick fix. I ended up helping my dealer at the end of the day get it back together. Removal of intake manifold required. Dealer had a way as to not drain brake system. Mine was at the dealer for the day. Maybe they started late on it.

• Sounds like it was time to look for a more skilled tech to work on your ride. the brake switches have been replaced by practically every slingshot dealer hundreds of times as well as by unit owners on their own. The easiest way to get your hands in there is NOT to r+r the intake manifold, but to remove the master cylinder mounting bolts and enable the housing to be rotated a bit for more access. Total time for job including power bleeding is less than an hour

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Not a quick fix. I ended up helping my dealer at the end of the day get it back together. Removal of intake manifold required. Dealer had a way as to not drain brake system. Mine was at the dealer for the day. Maybe they started late on it.

If you click the link I provided above it outlines the repair .. I did it myself in about an hour including the needed brake bleeding .... its tight but I am not aware of any others who remove the intake ...some will unbolt the MC from the firewall for a little extra room to work .... ( Looks like @funinthesun beat me to that factoid while I was typing tongue-squared )

Also replacement of the switches is not part of the recall .... only replacement of the "stat-o-seal" sealing washers used to install the switches ....

However replacing the switches is a warranty repair ..

I see where elsewhere these switches are being referred to as "ABS sensors" .. this is incorrect ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().