• Retired after 24 years at Walmart where I spent over 8 years as assistant to the Treasurer; almost 9 as an employment litagation paralegal and another 8 in global HRDevelopment. Didn't like retirement and now am ;( HR manager at Consumer Testing Laboratories. Think I might like to retire again one day after @dangerdarrell gets all his toys purchased. :P

HOLY CRAP !!! “Didn’t like retirement” WTF IS NOT TO LIKE

:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Kind of cool to see what people do. LOL.

I have a degree in photography actually, and threw that, I started teaching fortune 500 companies digital photography back in the 1990's when the cheapest digital camera was $24,000. Probably was maybe 4.5megapixels back then when my cell phone is now 12 LOL. I'd go in and set their computers up and teach the software and how to use the equipment. My clients started using more and more non-apple products and wanted to learn more about problem solving computer systems. Ended up putting myself threw night school 3 times for different versions of the MCSE certification classes while raising my 3 kids... and no, the school didn't coincide with each birth. Ended up spending a bit of time using that knowledge building custom reporting software for some major banks and then moved in to breaking things and doing analysis on different financial platforms as a load and performance testing engineer. I'm the one who tells the banks under what situation their applications may fall over and fail along with where the week points are. Spent 8 years on the back end of the stock market, a year doing retail and government applications and now back in the banks leading an entire team of engineers. They let me work from my home and I can go out for a SS ride for lunch... can't complain. Still do my photography on the side and have a 2000 square foot photo studio in the house. Keeps me busy. Finishing the home we started to build 5 years ago. I didn't like something our bank told us about the value of our house and went out and purchased all the manuals for doing electric all the way to the metal roofs and such and started building an addition to the house with the help of our 3 kids. Got sick for a bit, so just took a bit longer than the 3 years I planned for, but just have a bit of siding and the hardwood floors on the inside to go! SlingShot has put a bit of a damper on the house work, but what the hell, it's warm inside in the winter and the roof doesn't leak, so having some fun outside riding around when I can.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I'M simi retired, 20 years in the Ace Hardware business. Sold that and went into the marine repair business out of a serious love for boating. That morfed into a 20 year marine transport business with 5 trucks and 9 trailers with 8 employees. I sold that business to retire and ended up back driving a tractor trailer for the last 5 years with a large yard management company doing a local shuttle run for The Kubota Manufacturing Co. Hoping to become fully retired in two years @ 65.

To all of the members that have or are still serving in our armed forces, Thank you very much for your service to the greatest country in the world. Without YOU we could not all do the things we do everyday. GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436: