Suspension improvement. What size and weight springs

• looking for info but can't locate it here. Don't want to go to TDS.

Question:
    If I wanted to lower the ride height by about 1" and improve spring stiffness for better handling what springs should I use.

This is to replace the stock springs but keep the OE shocks. As you guess I'm on a budget.

Did this with my old Spitfire with great success for little $.

I know @Dave@DDMWorks at one time had talked about a kit and were testing springs but do not see any kits that came from this.

I understand that the preferred way would be to replace everything but that is just not going to happen anytime soon.

Thanks for the help guys.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Ruptured Duck or anybody else, can you tell me the max vertical movement of the rear tire using stock shocks or qa1 for that matter , Im working on a design for a new mold to incorporate welters dual exhaust into my lower tail cone fairing and also add a fender to same mold, so Im just looking to save a little time relying on someone elses study of maximum vertical tire movement , I realize it will move forward , minimally based on swing arm radius and can account for that forward movement but how high above rear tire would a fixed fender have to be to account for maximum vertical movement of tire ?

• @kev unfortunately I don't have that information off the top of my head. Its a good question for anyone looking to do a fixed fender not attached to the swing arm.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• thanks anyway ,yah and its not a real quick easy one to test for , I guess I could take it into Kemko auto body where Im painting a roof to send out this week to florida and load it onto one of the two Blackhawk frame racks there. Using the two tower jacks I can chain down from the top of the roll hoops and then raise the rear tire off the rack using a floorjack till shock bottoms out, was just hoping somebody else already had this info cause Im feeling a little lazy here today lol any way, thanks again

@kev unfortunately I don't have that information off the top of my head. Its a good question for anyone looking to do a fixed fender not attached to the swing arm.