Battery disconnect switch

• I've tried to search a battery disconnect switch, but came up with Nada. So, my question is, I would like to install a cutoff switch inline with the ground battery ground cable and was wondering if there would be any adverse effects. I know I'd have to reset the clock, but that's all I'm coming up with

• Maybe look into interupting the battery wire to the starter and if really worried a second switch in the starter solenoid circuit. Sling can't be started and power is maintained to the clock and ecu. I don't know if the ecu memory is affected by prolonged power loss but my gm truck surely was.

• Thanks for the quick response. I was interrupted when I was phrasing my original question by a friendly neighbor (we're camping) and I didn't proofread before hitting submit. My main reason for wanting a cutoff switch isn't so much for security, but rather I've been doing some work on my exhaust including some welding. I have been taking the muffler out completely to weld and it's a real PITA! It's not hard work but the Torq screws don't like going back in. I took the battery out when I was welding up my carrier rack I made, but that too is a pain, especially doing it several times.
    The battery wouldn't be disconnected for an extended period of time, and probably not too often. But a switch would make it a whole lot easier.

• Thanks for the quick response. I was interrupted when I was phrasing my original question by a friendly neighbor (we're camping) and I didn't proofread before hitting submit. My main reason for wanting a cutoff switch isn't so much for security, but rather I've been doing some work on my exhaust including some welding. I have been taking the muffler out completely to weld and it's a real PITA! It's not hard work but the Torq screws don't like going back in. I took the battery out when I was welding up my carrier rack I made, but that too is a pain, especially doing it several times.
    The battery wouldn't be disconnected for an extended period of time, and probably not too often. But a switch would make it a whole lot easier.

Take your pick

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs…rpp=&No=&persistYmm=false

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well, as usual, I already bought a switch. The one with the removable key. I always am getting stuff and then worry if it's such a good idea,lol. I was just wondering if cutting the power off/on would effect anything other than the clock.

• Well, as usual, I already bought a switch. The one with the removable key. I always am getting stuff and then worry if it's such a good idea,lol. I was just wondering if cutting the power off/on would effect anything other than the clock.

The ECU will have to relearn itself - but that doesn't take long and won't effect anything

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!