Canadian Slingshot -- Security Passcode issue

• So, ever since I picked up my SS, I have had the passcode activated and set to "Auto", meaning that I need to enter the passcode every time I turn the key.

So, I am fed up with that and want to reset the security level to "Active" rather than "Auto", meaning that every time I turn the SS off, I need to hit the mode button within 10 seconds in order to activate the passcode on the next startup. This will allow me to do a road trip and get gas and leave without the passcode, but activate it for overnight at the motel.

My problem is this.....

I can not get the "Secure" setting to come up in my dash display. I have the SS in neutral, the brake on, and it doesn't pop up as I scroll through. I have played with this for a while now, and no luck. Nothing lets this display come up as a choice to allow me to reset my settings.

I have contacted Polaris, but being as that is a USA number, they have no clue, and refer me to my dealer. The problem is that I taught the dealer about the passcode system as they knew nothing about it. (They now lock their outdoor display Slings with the passcode, thanks to me)

So.....

I am looking for someone who is Tech Savvy with this enough to help me troubleshoot this issue. It isn't that I am disabled and can't start my Sling. I just can't reset the setting to a more convenient setting.

• As a side note.....I have also noticed the light for the e-brake doesn't come on when I activate the handbrake.

Going to take a shot in the dark and say this might come into play.

• Thanks.

The more I think about it, I think I need to trace that line. Makes sense that if it isn't turning on the light, then it is also not telling the computer that the brake is on, which needs to happen for the "Secure" option to come up.

I may have answered my own question it seems. I just needed to see it in front of me I guess.