Five questions about a new hood.

• Polaris will be replacing my hood. Does the hood come complete and ready to install, or in separate pieces that must be put together?
    • Is there something other than the four bolts that appear to hold the hood on?
    • Will this come with the Polaris emblem on the front of the hood.
    • How heavy is the hood.
    • Would you recommend reinforcing the new hood with plastic and JB Weld where it tends to crack? I saw a post where someone was going to reinforce their cracked hood.

I’m planning on having some custom paint on the hood, so trying to decide top have the dealer install the new hood or not.

• 1. It will come in pieces.

2. There is about 30 or 40 screw and bolts that hold all the hood parts together.

3. It will not come with the emblem

4. It weighs very little when it's in separate pieces. But together it's really heavy

5. I would reinforce it. I dont think Polaris has done anything to change the design. I posted on here how I reinforced my hood.

• On a separate note. If your not reallllllllllllly a calm person I would not advise this hood swap project. It's one of the most aggravating jobs to do on the SS. And you will likely break somthing trying to do it yourself. Let the dealer do it. And tell them NOT to put the double sided tape on the black inserts.

That way you can take them off a little easier later to paint it. Let the dealer do the hard work under warranty.

• You only need one support. I have mine on the passenger side.

And that is a great decision. If you get a chance @Painter has some videos of the panel removal on the slingshot. Watch them. I had rather do just about anything on the SS than to break apart a NEW double sided taped hood. They must get the double sided tape from the devil himself. It makes 3M VHB look like plumbers putty.....