Slingshot revs then backfires upon start.

• I don't have the time to drive my SS as much as I like to. It's been about 6 weeks since last driven when everything was fine. But yesterday I went to take my 2016 SS for a spin something is very wrong. After hitting the start button, the engine revs up then backfires repeatedly until I turn the key to shut it off. The check engine light is on which leaves me to believe that it is electronic, like a bad sensor that deals with the air fuel mixture. Before I have it towed to the dealer about 50 miles away is there anything that I could check and the location of such part? I'm hoping that someone has had a similar issue and was told that it is a bad MAP sensor or something similar.

Thanks

Blaze

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• That's a new one. If the check engine light is on there should be a code. Scroll through with your mode button until it displays. If you don't have a service manual, post it up here and someone can tell you what it is.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• After inspecting the engine bay everything looks to be fine. Cycling through the modes only shows " CK ENG." Looks like a trip to the dealer is what is needed. UGG!

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• Blaze , on mine, when the check engine light is on it's an amber light on the speedometer. When I cycle the mode button, the display changes from miles-to-empty, outside temp, trip meter a & b, etc. If you keep going, a 5 digit number appears. That is the code. There may or mat not be a sub code listed as well.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)