Deadwood 3Wheeler Rally 2023

• Hello to all you SS people. I have decided to take off for the Deadwood, SD 3 Wheeler event. It is the 9TH-14TH of July so is only a couple of weeks away. I am planning on leaving Augusta, GA on the 7TH and am not checking in until the 10TH at the Baymont Inn in Spearfish. Was going to try to hit some places on the way out to the Badlands. So I want everyone who was at SSITS to join me. We can make up meet up points along the way. Joe Bee, you said that you wanted to go to Colorado and was looking for a room mate. My plan is to leave Deadwood on the 14Th and head down the front range to Pueblo, CO where I have a good friend that I haven't seen in many years. Maybe even make it back down to southern NM where I used to be stationed. See Trinity Site and White Sands National Monument. Then make a long trip back across TX. Maybe some old route 66. At least two weeks.

Let's GO!

2019 GT

Three years of too much stuff to list

• Forgot to mention. I was also looking for some cannot miss places along the way from Atlanta to Deadwood. Food, roads. That sort of thing. I plan on taking about three days to get out there, or more depending on what I find.

Thanks,

Carl

2019 GT

• Don’t take highway 50 across Kansas with wind blowing north to south or vise versa. Feed lots will kill your ride. They are right next to highway. Especially if hot weather.

Just putting it this way in an open ride, not the best smelling road.

Voice of experience!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Was either going thru Memphis or a little more northern route thru St. Louis. Will probably ride a lot of interstate but would be open to some scenic roads also. Wanting to check off some of the bucket list places but most of those are more north and west of me. I just hate to miss something that I may never get a chance to see again. As Seals and Croft said "We may never pass this way again." That song has always hit home for me.

2019 GT

• Don’t take highway 50 across Kansas with wind blowing north to south or vise versa. Feed lots will kill your ride. They are right next to highway. Especially if hot weather.

Just putting it this way in an open ride, not the best smelling road.

Voice of experience!

I will keep that in mind. A gas mask was not going to be on the packing list.

2019 GT

• Was either going thru Memphis or a little more northern route thru St. Louis. Will probably ride a lot of interstate but would be open to some scenic roads also. Wanting to check off some of the bucket list places but most of those are more north and west of me. I just hate to miss something that I may never get a chance to see again. As Seals and Croft said "We may never pass this way again." That song has always hit home for me.

Well, right now we have 4 Riders leaving on July 6th from North Georgia area and traveling Interstates mostly just to get there by Sunday and taking the fastest north-west routes??

• So, as of tomorrow the journey begins. Meeting Batcycle and others on the north side of ATL. Going to be a long trip with lots of sites to see. Got everything packed. Still trying to figure out where to put the kitchen sink. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Don't have to be home until August so............

Carl

2019 GT

• So, after meeting up with three Slings and a Vanderhall north of Atlanta on the 6th of July, we made our way to Deadwood, SD and got there on Sunday July 9th. Traveled the north western route to Superman's hometown in Metropolis, Illinois. Then to Mitchell, SD and saw the Corn Palace. Went through the Badlands National Park before getting to Deadwood. Rode some fantastic roads and saw some fantastic sights. Iron Mountain Road, Needles Highway, Mount Rushmore, Chief Crazy Horse, Devil's Tower in Wyoming, Sturgis, The Buffalo Chip, and Deadwood. Some left on Wednesday heading back home and the rest of us split up on Thursday. Two of the Slings went back to Georgia and I continued to the Front Range West of Colorado Springs to visit a friend that I had not seen in many years, Left out Friday, July 14th to head back to Georgia. Took the straight route through Kansas (it didn't smell too bad) to Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta, and home on July 16th. The further East and South I got, the hotter it got! Just my opinion, but, the rally was no where near as fun as Maggie Valley. Still had a great time with Batcycle, Mike, John, and Gary. I cannot thank Dennis enough for orchestrating this venture. Not sure what their mileage totals were but I had 4196 miles.

2019 GT

• That looks like it was a great trip. How was the weather driving.

We did our epic adventure and got to see some of the same sights y’all did.

Glad all made it home safe.

Our epic adventure was 4200 miles in 21 days.

Riders were dangerdarrell and HeRSling , my wife and me.

Great pics.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Well folks, after owning the Sling for four years, health issues have dictated that it was time to move on. Sold it last week for a decent price. The good news part of this was that I got to replace it with a 2022 C8 Corvette! I don't want to grow up! Next problem will be deciding which toy to get out of the garage. the Shelby GT350 has been a blast for the last two years. I have greatly enjoyed all of the three wheeled folks that I have met. E.J. and the Maggie Valley crowd. Batcycle and the north Georgia bunch. We spent a little over a week traveling together out to South Dakota and I feel like I have known you for years. I will check in every so often just to see what ya'll are up to. Great bunch of folks!

Thanks and safe riding!

2019 GT

• Well folks, after owning the Sling for four years, health issues have dictated that it was time to move on. Sold it last week for a decent price. The good news part of this was that I got to replace it with a 2022 C8 Corvette! I don't want to grow up! Next problem will be deciding which toy to get out of the garage. the Shelby GT350 has been a blast for the last two years. I have greatly enjoyed all of the three wheeled folks that I have met. E.J. and the Maggie Valley crowd. Batcycle and the north Georgia bunch. We spent a little over a week traveling together out to South Dakota and I feel like I have known you for years. I will check in every so often just to see what ya'll are up to. Great bunch of folks!

Thanks and safe riding!

with a Ford in the garage this pic is confusing